Background

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

21 weeks with #5

Week of May 2, 2017

How Far Along? 21 weeks

Due Date: September 12

Total weight gain/loss: still 5

Maternity clothes? oh of course

Stretch Marks? no new ones yet...

Sleep: pretty rough this week. I just can't seem to sleep enough

Best moment this week: We got to see our nugget at my 20 week u/s. I was super nervous for this and didn't sleep well. I might have a little PTSD. But all is good, I met a new MFM MD and he was good. The babe was in a funky position and we couldn't get a good picture of the heart and spine and he felt given my history we would all feel better getting a better look in a month. So we are praying there is nothing wrong. But i have to say I'm grateful for him being so conservative. He said that although he wasn't worried about this babe at all he felt we would all feel better knowing for certain. I don't know why this touched me. I felt like even though he wasn't even the slightest bit involved with our care last time (he wasn't part of the group then) he cared. He cared enough to put these nervous parents at ease. I'm grateful to that. 

Movement: yes, and I feel like I'm feeling it more than I did with any of the other babes. 

Food cravings: there isn't enough candy! 

Food aversions: none

Gender: I still think girl, even though this feels the most like Lando. at our u/s Adam swears the tech said the gender but I didn't hear it. It was after she had scanned gender area and I guess she used a pro-noun and he swears that it was the one of the baby, but I myself always use a pronoun and it isn't always right. Although the MD looks at the scans in the room and I swear he clicked on the picture of the gender, but I quickly turned my head....

Labor Signs: just some random contractions

Belly Button in or out? always in.

What I miss: Just feeling rested.

What I am looking forward to: Getting another week in, and I sent out thank you notes from Lorelai's birthday to family that had her big sister announcement on it. 

Size of the Baby:










Baby's now the size of a banana!
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment