Holy Moly...Lynlie is a month old? How is it possible. This has been the quickest month of my life. I just don't understand it! Someone once said that you feel like you are pregnant for 365 days but that your baby is only a baby for 2 days, and boy is that the truth. Her pregnancy felt like it DRAGGED on but this last month has FLOWN!
We are busy as ever, in fact the week Adam took off after having her he painted the whole down stairs. Yes I was 5 days post partum with baby #5 and painting my whole house. I can say that even though I wasn't in a lot of pain, I was a little sore after that. Maybe I pushed myself a little too much. LOL
Lynlie finally got the all clear on her Jaundice at about 10 or so days old which was a huge relief. I'm wondering if it has to do with how we were feeding. Lincoln was also jaundiced (so was Lorelai for that matter but she doesn't count, most preemies are jaundiced) and we had a really rough time with feeding the first few days, and the same thing happened with Lynlie. Although she would latch she clicked her tongue and we eventually moved to using a nipple shield. I hate it. I had to use one with Lincoln and eventually he just got it so I'm hoping the same thing happens with her. It's just cumbersome for the most part. I don't enjoy it! lol Landon was definitely my best breastfeeder, it was just so easy with him.
It's amazing to me how much you can love a child almost immediately. It's no secret that we've been through a lot in the last few years and this pregnancy was anything but easy on me, physically and emotionally it was draining. I was worried about what this baby would do to me and it's been nothing but positive. I swear she has brought me a happiness I didn't think I was capable of feeling again. There is something about having a healthy baby and watching them hit milestones that isn't masked with a sadness that is so rejuvenating. Truly Lynlie has brought me so much joy and happiness. By no means does she replace Laynie and I still have my bad days and bad moments through the day but she as brought me so much joy. She is exactly what I needed to move forward in this life and I'm ever so grateful Adam and I decided to have her and that God gave us to her. Laynie definitely picked a perfect little girl for us.
Here are some highlights from her first month of life
- She is still primarily in newborn diapers
- She is still in newborn clothes, though the sleepers are starting to get a little snug.
- She smiled for the first time at about 2 weeks old.
- it might have been a reflex but I refuse to admit that
- At just 2 weeks old she slept 7 hours!!
- She will give me a solid 6 hour stretch every few days, then the following day she's up every 3-4 hours for a feeding.
- she still seems to sleep a majority of the day, but is slowly having more and more wake times.
- her wake times definitely seem to be more in the evening
- she eats every 2.5 hours during the day for a total of 9-10 feedings a day
- we are using the nipple shield with a lot of success
- I pump a few times a week, usually when she wakes up first thing in the morning she only eats on one side and then I pump the other.
- I decided to put her in a bassinet instead of the rock n play at night. She doesn't appear to have reflux or startling issues and I just had a bad feeling about SIDS and her in the rock n play...so we are thankful for friends who loan us their bassinet!
- She HATES the carseat!!!
- she will literally scream every time we go somewhere, I often drive trying to hold a pacifier in her mouth.
- she doesn't love the pacifier, but she will take it with some coaxing. I'm debating buying a Wubanub
- She is starting to focus a bit more on us
- She is SUPER expressive with her eyes, they are definitely the window to what she is feeling! She has these big eyes that just give her away...so precious
- She LOVES her mama's kisses. No Joke if she is crying and I hold her up and kiss her she will often stop crying! I just love that she shows me how she loves me and needs me too by doing this. She truly warms my heart.
- She does love to be held, she will often scream when put down and I'm honestly ok with it. I want to enjoy her since she is our last so I soak up every second I can with her.
Honestly she is the perfect little addition and I couldn't be more thrilled she is ours. She is a dream and is almost as easy of a baby as Landon. I just remember Landon being so easy but if she isn't the easiest she is a close second!
We got a little off on the doctor appointments due to the follow ups with her jaundice but here are her stats from her 6 week appointment
- She weights 9 lbs 8 oz
- She is 22.5 inches long
- She is in the 75th% for weight
- She is in the 90% for height
Here is our monthly photo shoot; I had to do this super quickly bc we had the boys birthday party on this day and we were rushing out the door. Adam actually had all the kids in the car already while I was trying to do this...lol
And of course Alicia knocked it out of the park with her newborn photos!
Oh my sweet Lynster. My love for you is endless. Thank you for being my daughter and letting me love you