Background

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

20 weeks with #5

Week of April 25, 2017

How Far Along?  20 weeks!!! HALF WAY!!!

Due Date: September 12, 2017


Total weight gain/loss: I haven't stepped on the scale in weeks... I'm guessing somewhere between 5-10 probably closer to 10 thanks to my inability to say no to candy. 

Maternity clothes? yes, after Easter my sister told me I can't really hide baby anymore so I've broken down and started to wear more of my maternity tops too. I have to admit I feel a little more comfortable not trying to hide it. 

Stretch Marks? no new ones

Sleep: I wake up a lot to change positions or adam wakes me up from his or my snoring and those kiddos come into my room EVERY NIGHT! mama needs a break!

Best moment this week: I told some of my closest friends and co-workers about babe. it was nice to get it out there a bit and let people in on our love. 

Movement: yes! I actually feel like I feel this one more than I did any of the other 4....

Food cravings: none really this week

Food aversions: none

Gender: I'm still mostly thinking girl 

Labor Signs: none yet, just my daily dose of braxton hicks...

Belly Button in or out? IN

What I miss: Nothing really; just would love to feel rested.

What I am looking forward to: Our Ultrasound tomorrow; I debated long and hard about going back to MFM since the 3 MD's we dealt with and got close to and learned to trust when it came to my pregnancy with the girls have left. Dr. Conover which I could have cared less for left shortly after the girls were born. Dr. Heitt left about a year after our girls were born to move closer to family so they said--he was one who really pushed hard for our girls to stay inside and tried hard to find a balance between staying pregnant and when to deliver. And then there is Dr. Harry. Our angel, our blessing and our ray of hope when it came to my pregnancy, and delivery with the girls. He left St Vs about a month or two ago and I could not be more devastated. Not only for St Vs as a whole but for us since he is no longer covered 100% by my insurance. I debated LONG and hard about paying out of pocket for him to do our scan but since we are still paying off Lorelai we have decided to go back to MFM. I trust the utlrasound techs there, its just the interpretation of the scan. My OB who is amazing said that she wouldn't hesitate to do a "curb side" consult with Dr. Harry and/or have him come to her office to do a scan if we felt we needed that. I love her and her compassion for us and our situation. I never imagined I'd struggle as much as I am with this pregnancy. I'm so terrified of not only delivering early, but that something will be wrong with this babe too. I just want a healthy baby to love on and raise! 

Size of the Baby:



Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch
.

No comments:

Post a Comment