Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

34 weeks!

Week of August 30th

34 weeks! I need a tan!
How Far Along? 34 weeks

Due Date:  October 11th

Total weight gain/loss: 35+ Not sure exactly. But I know I gained a lot last week since I had DQ ummm EVERYDAY!

Maternity Clothes? yup and they are the best stuff ever. I've never felt so good wearing normal clothes!

Stretch Marks? Yup but I'm slowly coming to terms with it. does it really matter that I don't have a perfectly smooth belly??? No, what matters is that I'm growing a beautiful little baby! 

Sleep?  It has been a little rough. I want so badly to sleep on my stomach!!!! Last night was really bad bc I had gotten some bad news at work, AND I got my authorization to test for the NCLEX which was stressful and made my mind worry all night!

Best Moment of this Week?  My doctor appointment today for sure. I've been pretty emotional lately, feeling like I could cry at any given moment. My doctor is amazing and made me feel completely at ease about this pregnancy and how I want to go natural. However she did worry me a little about the fact that one of the doctors is pretty much completely opposed to everything I want. Lets just pray he's NOT on call that day!

Movement? I'm noticing the movement more and more but its more like readjusting by baby than real movements. A body part will protrude out for a few minutes then go back. I just wish I knew what they were.
Also I forgot to mention last week that I think I felt baby have the hiccups for the first time. It was an odd feeling, of an evenly spaced little bump... weird!

Food cravings? ICED TEA! on my birthday adam and I went and got MacAlisters and their sweet tea is probably the best thing EVER. Well Adam has ensured since then that I have a ample supply of sweet tea in the fridge. He makes a simple syrup and then adds the tea...my husband is AMAZING!

Food aversions? nope

Gender? I'm still indifferent. But the thought of having a girl scares the crap out of me. Not that having a baby girl, or toddler would be bad...its the teenage years that scare me. I was quite frankly a BITCH as a teenager and I don't want to go through with that! 

Labor Signs?  Contractions haven't been horrible this week. 

Getting more and more round!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I really don't think it's going to pop out, but the stretch marks continue to grow around it daily!!!

What I miss? sleep!

What I am looking forward to: The baby's room is ALMOST done! My goal for the weekend is to paint the trim in our room, and the walls (the walls may be a Poppa job) so then I don't have to worry about our room being so pathetic anymore. All of this while trying to study for the NCLEX. I seem to like to take on too much at once!

Size of the Baby:






Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Baby can recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies! In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. Less cute news: She now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready!.



1 comment:

  1. Just be an advocate for yourself and make sure Adam is aware of what you want and also an advocate for you, should "Man Hands" be on call. Remember that you can refuse anything! I made it through and so will you, mama! Keep your head high!

    ReplyDelete