Background

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friends...

Friends come and go, but family is forever. This is what I've always lived by. This is probably why I don't have a whole lot of friends. My family has always been more than just family, I'm honestly good friends with many of them! I have several cousins who I talk to on a regular basis and are honest to goodness great friends of mine.

Making friends for me is extremely difficult, maybe because I have a difficult personality or I just don't care for too many people and their personalities, I don't really know. This is a major reason why I have had the same two best friends since grade school. We are super close even though until recently we were all over the US. I've always felt so blessed to have these two in my life even though sometimes they drive me CRAZY, but really they are more like sisters to me anyways so what sister doesn't get on your nerves??

The few friendships that I do have mean a lot to me and I cherish them. Being that I don't make friends easily the first time I went to college I didn't make many life long friends. I had terrible experience with roommates, friends from high school, etc. I went through a long period of depression thinking it was all me, and that there was something wrong with me. However I've since learned that perhaps our personalities, morals and values were just too different for a lasting friendship to really work. They all meant something to me at the time, and I am grateful for the memories and learning experiences. But of the many people I met at college, I really only keep in contact with 2 people from Purdue (one of them lives with me).

Consequently going back to school a second time, I figured the same things would happen again. I was scared and nervous starting over again and having to once again try to "make friends". I can honestly say that one thing other than a nursing degree Marian provided for me was life long friends. My nursing class was small. We started with 20 ended up with 16. We were all fairly close, and truly respected each other. I pray that we all stay friends and continue to be a part of each others lives in the many years to come. I truly love all of the people I met during nursing school. They are all AWESOME

In particular there are 3 girls that have changed my life forever. They have helped me through things in my life that no one else could have. Even though we've only known each other for a short period of time I truly feel a bond that will last a lifetime. In fact one of them is pregnant too! She is only 11 days behind me!!!


Without these 3 I would have given up a long time ago on getting a nursing degree, they were my strength and my encouragement throughout it all. I am truly blessed to have each of them in my life and I'm thankful for the opportunity to have been their friend. I look forward to the many things ahead and the many travels between Indiana and Tennessee!!! Thank you girls for everything!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment