Background

Friday, August 26, 2011

8 months!

33 days 3 days
Had to wait for Adam to be in
town again
Week of August 23rd

How Far Along? 33 weeks


Due Date:  October 11th

Total weight gain/loss: 34 still!!! 

Maternity Clothes? yup and I got a few more...I think I've spent more $$ on clothes for this pregnancy than I have in the last 5 years on non preggo clothes...

Stretch Marks? Yup but I'm slowly coming to terms with it. does it really matter that I don't have a perfectly smooth belly??? No, what matters is that I'm growing a beautiful little baby! 

Sleep?  Yeah I've come to terms with the fact that this is non existent. I try, but I can't get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. It's all good, because I'm sure that this is what mommyhood is going to be like, so its better that I have practice. The only thing I hate is that my back and neck hurt so bad from sleeping on my side. 25 years of sleeping on my stomach doesn't make sleeping on your side easy!

Best Moment of this Week?  Definitely GRADUATION!!!!! I'm officially done with nursing school, and Marian University!!! Graduation was Thursday and it was in a way bitter sweet, simply because I've made such great friendships that I'm sad won't be a part of my daily lives. But the no school part is AMAZING!!! Adam drove up from Washington IN just for the ceremony then had to drive back, but I'm glad he was able to be there!

We also celebrated my 26th birthday (man i feel old) which was awesome because all we really did was spend time together, we went to church, lunch and just really realized how much I miss my husband. These last 3 years have been really tough on us so it was nice to spend a whole day together! Also we had our first round of maternity pictures!

Movement? I'm noticing the movement more and more and I think I'm too the point that every moment baby has moves my WHOLE belly!!! This child is clearly growing which is awesome but some of the movements are a little painful

Food cravings? none really this week, but I have eaten a lot of DQ since my mom got me a DQ birthday cake. 

Food aversions? nope

Gender? I'm still indifferent. But the thought of having a girl scares the crap out of me. Not that having a baby girl, or toddler would be bad...its the teenage years that scare me. I was quite frankly a BITCH as a teenager and I don't want to go through with that! 

Labor Signs?  Contractions still happening daily at more frequent intervals but nothing regular. They are getting bad at work. but its all part of the job I guess. 

New camera makes stretch marks look horrible!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I really don't think it's going to pop out, but the stretch marks continue to grow around it daily!!!

What I miss? sleep!

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery this week, I've been painting the trim (I HATE wood trim) and I just have a few little things to do. My aunt will be finishing the bed skirt and curtains hopefully this weekend! Then I am going to be moving on to our bedroom! Nesting much???

Size of the Baby:






Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.



No comments:

Post a Comment