Background

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Talk about Labor Day

So this was probably the most not fun Labor day weekend EVER. I worked all weekend and also Labor Day. It was my holiday and the only good thing is that I won't have to work another holiday until 4th of July next year. I have to say New Years/Labor Day is my favorite holiday rotation.
So this weekend was extremely EXHAUSTING! I don't know what the deal is but the patient load on my floor is insane, they are all just really really sick. As my dad points out, "well they wouldn't be in the hospital if they weren't". While this is true, the difference is that most of the time you have 1-2 patient (out of 5) that are really sick and the others are either stable, or getting ready to go home. I swear ALL my patients were just really ill. Now I don't mind helping them to get better, it's just exhausting. I swear my legs are still throbbing today from this weekend!
The worst part was that my friend from HS was is in town and I haven't seen her since her wedding in July, and one of my cousins from Chicago was in town visiting and I couldn't really see either of them. I was so exhausted by the end of the day all I wanted was to go to bed. I did end up going to Jenn's parents house after work on Sunday because they were throwing her mom a surprise 50th birthday party. It was fun to see her, I just wish it could have been for longer. I ended up staying A LOT later than I originally anticipated and that only made work harder yesterday but oh well.
This week is going to be a little rough with an Exam on Friday but I just have to keep my eye on the prize. 11 more months and I'm home free! I can't wait!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment