Background

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Circumcision

So I witnessed my first circumcision today. Boys are sooo unlucky in their first few days of life. I felt so bad for the little guy. It was almost like a medieval torture device. However the medical person in me found it a rather interesting procedure and I learned a lot. I am also quite glad they do that on babies who won't remember it, because to do that to a grown adult would be PAINFUL!!!!!

I always thought boys had it so easy by comparison to us girls, so I guess the boys have to go through that 20 min of torture when they are so young and can't remember while we girls can have 3-5 days of pure agony each month for about 30 years. seems fair right?? Sometimes I really hate being a girl!
I used to think boys had it so much easier, I always wished I could have been a boy! I mean they can pee standing up, they don't have periods...I could go on. But as I've gotten older I've realized all the benefits of being a girl. Yes our monthly period is a huge pain in my butt and no longer having one is about the only thing I'm looking forward to as I age, but boys don't get to grow a human in them and  know that you're the lifeline for this tiny precious miracle and then you can breast feed and have this indescribable bond between you and baby (of course this is all what I've been told since I haven't experienced it yet...someday...someday...). However to quote Father of the Bride Pt II..."to push something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of a lemon" doesn't seem like much fun to me, I now think that girls may have the better end of deal! Either way today was a lot of fun. I did my first assessment on Mom and Baby and I think I may actually get to do a care plan on it!!! YES more work!
Tomorrow I have my second full day of Labor and Delivery and I PRAY that I get to see a vaginal birth (natural would be preferred). I'm looking quite forward to it as well as "coffee" with a good friend!! YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment