Background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Music

I am a what you could say a little obsessed with music. Really all types of music. I actually thought of becoming a music producer when I was younger but wasn't interested in moving to NY, LA or Nashville.
The thing I love most about music is that it often times can put into words very eloquently what you are feeling at a particular moment.
I am someone who likes pretty much all types of music. My favorite would have to be Rock music though, the kind that you have to bang your head and just makes you want to jump up and down and yell. For me its therapeutic. I also am a BIG fan of country music. I know it's a big jump between the two but country music is so innocent and I love being able to escape to an innocent place for 3-4 minutes.
I am not a fan of rap music or today's pop music to me it's too promiscuous and just plain dumb. There are a few songs that I like but overall I think it just shows what a crap show our society is. It glorifies everything I dislike about our society and I really can't support it. But mostly for me it's because half the time their lyrics are just STUPID! They repeat the same crap over and over.  These pop stars are just annoying to me. But occasionally there is a song or two I like just because of the beat and it's fun to dance to and act stupid.
I know you might be thinking well rock stars aren't that innocent and they are rather promiscuous too, but the fact for me is that I for some reason am more accepting of it. Perhaps because I grew up with it, I don't really know. But Rock music like resonates in my bones, and can always bring me back to a time when my life was easier and more fun. So whether my reasons are valid or not, I still love it, and just because I listen to it doesn't mean I agree with the lyrics or their lifestyle, I just like the beat and mostly think it's funny.
But either way music is a HUGE part of my life and I can honestly say it's one thing I would really struggle doing with out. I remember as a child being asked "would you rather be deaf or blind" I would always say blind because I would be lost without music. When I was younger and perhaps even now, I annoy people with how much I listen to music.
So anyways I'm going to start sharing songs that have special meaning to me or just simply make me smile or ones that I think send a good message. Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment