Background

Monday, September 27, 2010

Maternity is Over

So my beloved maternity clinical is officially over. And by no surprise I'm rather disappointed. Many people may be surprised or even hard to understand how someone can go from Construction to Nursing. Well folks for this girl it was all about babies! I have long wanted to be a mother and I love babies! Becoming a mom and having children is the only thing I ever wanted in my life. I love all children. If you ever need a babysitter I will do my darndest to help you out, most often for free just because I just want to spend time with kids. They facinate me, and I love looking at the world through a child's innocence.
So in deciding to go back to nursing school, I was looking forward to the Maternity rotation the most. And I have to say it didn't disapoint. I got to experience things that will stick with me for the rest of my life. While the didactic part of it didn't turn out that well (on average I was having to read 370 pgs each week with no instruction or lecture from a teacher..no wonder I didn't do all that well), but overall I have to say it has been the most facinating class I've taken. I'm honestly sad it's over :(
I had the most amazing intructor who was just simply wonderful and a wealth of knowledge. I'm so lucky to have had her as an instructor. She was awesome and I can't wait for her to finish her master's so she can be a full time professor. She will be AWESOME at it. I also feel blessed to have taken part in so many families as they started their families or added to them.
The only downside this clinical has broughten is it has given Adam and I baby fever REALLY bad. Mind you, he and I have had our baby names picked out since our first date...not joking...so this was a little rough on the homefront. I love my husband dearly but it almost breaks my heart when he says he wants to have a baby and I know my choices in life are the reasons we can't even try for one. I know that in the long run, this choice is for the good of our little family, but it's hard to focus on that, when you see all your friends and family getting to experience the one dream you've always wanted right now. But patience is a virtue and it's all a part of God's plan, so I just need to trust in it. It doesn't mean it doesn't suck for me, it just means I need practice in trusting it! Well Monday brings the Pediatric Clinical and I'm a little nervous about this one. The instructor seems like a drill sargent and that makes me nervous, hopefully she's worse on paper than in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment