Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary

3 years ago mother nature decided to play an awful stunt. She poured down over the state of Indiana and threatened to ruin the outdoor wedding I'd always dreamed of.

I will never forget the thunder and lightening I awoke to on that dark and gloomy day. I was in a state of panic and all anyone could ask me was what was my plan B. Well I didn't have a plan B and nor was I going to try and think of one on the spot. There is a really great picture of my mom in front of the TV with a glass of Champagne and whats on the TV is the weather channel and NO JOKE the entire state of Indiana is RED! (I cannot find this picture but I know it exists)

Thankfully the rain and thunder and all that let up at exactly the right time and we were able to have the beautiful outdoor ceremony I always wanted. The only down side is that NONE of Adam's family could make it up. They are all from bloomington and had planned to make the trip, the day of. However due to the worst rain Indiana had seen in like 100 years all of the roads south of Indy were CLOSED!!! State police would not let them come up! I'm so thankful that Adams parents were already here!!!

So it's been 3 years, 2 almost 3 years of school and one beautiful gift from God on the way. While it has been the hardest 3 years of my life (I'm crediting school to most of that) I wouldn't change it because it has brought us closer and made us stronger.

Adam is an incredible man, husband and human being. He is perfect in every single way for me. He has his flaws yes but I adore them and love him because of them. I couldn't ask for a better partner in this journey of life.

I can not wait to see him hold our precious baby and help nurture, and love him or her. We have only just begun and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us. God only knows it will be extremely life changing!

Happy 3rd anniversary babe! I love you more now than that extremely stressful day 3 years ago!!! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment