Background

Friday, September 23, 2011

We are TERM!!!!

** little late this week due to me studying for my state boards**


Week of September 20th

37 weeks...3 weeks left wow!
How Far Along? 37 weeks aka FULL TERM!

Due Date:  October 11th

Total weight gain/loss: I weighted myself and I was down 2lbs, and at the doctor I hadn't gained any weight from the previous week so I'm still pretty at 41lbs....come one baby time to get out so mommy can get back in shape!

Maternity Clothes? yup and I'm hoping that little one comes before it gets too cold, I don't have a lot of wintery ones

Stretch Marks? Yes, I hate them, they are taking over, and are one of my least favorite pregnancy symptoms and I wish I could change it but I can't, I just hope they don't get too much worse in the next few weeks...yah right

Sleep?  Yeah um no! I pray daily for the chance to get a good night sleep where my back doesn't hurt and I don't get up every hour to pee, but no success. I've had a few good nights of sleep but nothing consistent. At least I'm not exhausted and the last 3 years of school has prepared me for roughly 4 hours of sleep total!

Best Moment of this Week? Hitting full term. Only a matter of a few days till this baby can come and it won't mess up my plans! I have to take my state boards at the end of the week and that would be hard to do if I was in labor. 

Also I went to confession for the first time in months. I LOVE being Catholic and being able to experience this wonderful sacrament. I've been through a lot emotionally in the last 6 or so months and really needed it. I feel so much better after going! LOVE IT!

Movement? Yes, and I must say as much as I love it, it truly is uncomfortable. This little one will get propped up on one side and just sit there and I feel as though my stomach is tearing! I try to push back on it but it doesn't always work. 

Food cravings? steak n shake chocolate milkshake! and I don't even like chocolate on a normal no pregnancy day!
damn stretch marks!
Food aversions? nope

Gender? last few days I'm feeling boy...

Labor Signs?  yeah, had some pretty intense contractions this week. They are even worse at work, which is why my doc put me on a "limited duty". NO rushing this little one!

Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I really don't think it's going to pop out, but there are now stretch marks everywhere

What I miss? sleep and a pain free neck/back

What I am looking forward to:  Not sure if I'm looking forward to taking my boards or just having them done! I think just having them done and then getting to relax. Hopefully I'll pass, but if not I'm going to focus on baby and worry about studying for them again later...Pray all goes well!


Size of the Baby:










Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

1 comment: