Background

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

38 weeks

Week of September 27th

38 weeks
How Far Along? 38 weeks

Due Date:  October 11th

Total weight gain/loss: At the doctors office today I only gained 1 lb last week even though I ate ice cream EVERYDAY!!! whooo hoo so thats a total of 42!

Maternity Clothes? yup and I'm hoping that little one comes before it gets too cold, I don't have a lot of wintery ones

Stretch Marks? Yes, I hate them, they are taking over, and are one of my least favorite pregnancy symptoms and I wish I could change it but I can't, I just hope they don't get too much worse in the next few weeks...yah right

Sleep?  Yeah um no! I pray daily for the chance to get a good night sleep where my back doesn't hurt and I don't get up every hour to pee, but no success. Lately I've only been getting like 2ish hours...thank goodness for days off to sleep on and off all day!!! And poor Adam has had to go to the couch bc i'm snoring so badly! I feel so bad about that!

Best Moment of this Week? UMMMM PASSING BOARDS!!! I'm and RN!

Movement? well little one had decided to give mommy a heart attack. At this point in pregnancy they they tell you to "count kicks" well all days sunday I felt NOTHING, called my wonderful and understanding cousin and she told me to have a coke and lay down to see if I felt anything. Well like 2 minutes after taking the coke the baby got the hiccups. PHEW...almost

yesterday i was at work and since I sit all day now I was able to pay more attention and wasn't feel anything. I tried the coke thing and nothing. I tried poking at my belly...nada...finally I broke down and called my doctor and she wanted me to come in. I talked to the charge nurse and she told me to go and they would take care of work. So went and they did a fetal non-stress test. Which means I'm hooked up to the monitor because they need approx. 20 minutes of fetal heart rate activity. Well luckily as soon as she put the monitor on there was that beautiful sound going at 128-133 bpm. Mommy is supposed to push a button when we feel little one move but after 10 minutes I felt NOTHING! SO they manually stimulated baby, which is basically this gun thing that vibrates. You put in on moms belly and it wakes baby up. which it did baby went NUTS, heart rate jumped to 150's. THANK HEAVENS!

At my doc appointment today she told me I really need to monitor it though because if it continues she may decide to induce because there would be a reason that baby isn't moving as much and it would be best for baby to get out. So hopefully all will work out and we won't have to be induced but after what I went through and was feeling yesterday i honestly don't care so long as baby is ok and comes out alive!

Food cravings? steak n shake chocolate milkshake! and I don't even like chocolate on a normal no pregnancy day! i went for the cheaper route and have boughten my own ice cream to make my own now...lol

Food aversions? nope

dropping a little???
Gender? last few days I'm feeling boy...

Labor Signs?  yeah, had some pretty intense contractions this week. at my test yesterday they were between 5 and 7 minutes apart. Doc said today that baby can come any time!!! i'm 2 cm dilated (not that much)

Belly Button In or Out? Still in and I really don't think it's going to pop out, but there are now stretch marks everywhere

What I miss? sleep and a pain free neck/back

What I am looking forward to:  meeting my baby!


Size of the Baby:









Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair..

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny about the chocolate! Before I was pregnant with P,I hated vanilla and always got chocolate. While I was pregnant with him I couldn't stand chocolate and wanted vanilla. Now I still don't like chocolate as much and always get vanilla. Weird how your tastes change!!

    ReplyDelete