Background

Friday, June 25, 2010

One Heck of a Week

This has been one heck of a week to say the least. It's fair to say that Nursing school is in FULL SWING! I feel like I can never get my head above water, and it's only going to get worse. The mere thought of adding two possibly three classes next week makes me nauseous.
Well this week I finished up my first clinical. We had 2 tests in that class. One was considered the 4th exam and then the final. I was a little under the weather on Monday so I called in. I don't know if it was nerves or what but I'm so grateful I did. I would have been even more of a stress ball had I not called in! So Monday I just studied studied studied.
Tuesday I took my 4th exam for my fundamentals of nursing class. This class to me was not all that much different from what I do at my job, but it was fun to learn about the reasons behind everything I do as well as being able to apply all that I've learned on the job. The test did not go well and I began to have an anxiety attack about it becasue I was so fearful of not passing, well it turned out I wasn't the only one so the teacher curved the exam which was much better. I also had my first Kaplan exam which is basically trying to prepare us for the nursing licencing exam. That was interesting and for not being able to study, I think by comparison to everyone else I did OK.
Wednesday me and some girls from my class got together and studied for our final in Fundamentals. It was so much nicer being able to study with someone else! I think we will have to do it more often!
Thursday I took my final in Fundamentals and did relatively well. The bottom line is that I passed! I have officially passed my first nursing class!! WHOO HOO! I'm soo happy about it!! After my final me and some girls went to get Starbucks to recharge. I got the soy double chocolate chip frap. Then we went an took our last test of the week, Dosage. I'm not sure yet how I did since the test had to be graded by the teacher, but I feel pretty confident.
So in total that was 4 exams this week, but the good news is I'm done with one class. The bad is that 2 possibly 3 more start up on Monday. I may just cry! PRAYERS ARE NEEDED FOR MY SANITY from here until Aug 13th! The professors are trying to get one class moved to the fall which would be excellent!
After the exam I met mom for weight watchers, I was down 1.6 lbs! yay! But then mom sidelined me and was down 3.8! GRRRR I was so mad! I mean good for her, but I'm the one who has to be in a bridesmaid dress in 1 week. oh well, the bottom line is that I've lost weight!  So operation lose 20 lbs by my birthday is underway, but I'm not sure I'll get my goal but hey losing any weight is better than nothing! plus we then celebrated with Cheesecake Factory, no worries I was good, I had a salad and only ate half of it and then shared my cheesecake with mom and brought the rest home to share with Adam, it was a red velvet cheesecake...yummmm. Then I went for run when I went home. Made it almost a mile, not to good but better than the night before. My goal is to facilitate the weight loss with some good old fashioned exercise. Plus I'd like to train for the Mini, but I got to thinking about it and the mini is prime time for possible conception next year, so who knows, either way I'd like to get into better shape!

Tomorrow Mom and I are off to Nashville TN for my BFF's bachelorette party. Mom is driving so that I can study. I have 1 huge exam next week as well as a quiz. Man I love this nursing school crap! LOL. Thank goodness for my mom not having a job and being able to take me down to Nashville, I could get used to this whole her not having a job thing. Plus Jenn's mom is also going so mom can come along, mom is always fun in a party setting :-D
here's to fun times with my BFF, I can't wait for her to join this marriage club!! k loves!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Also next time you go to Cheesecake Factory try the chocolate tuxedo cream! Its the best, and it's really light and fluffy and creamy at the same time! I'll keep you in my prayers as your new classes get started! :)

    ReplyDelete