Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

We got SPOILED!

yesterday was our first baby shower (me and baby L). And let me tell you our family spoiled us ROTTEN!!! We got lots of essential baby items and now I'm just trying to figure out where to store them!!!

My wonderfully amazing sister threw me an amazing shower with all my family! For me it feels like a rare occasion when I can see any of them, so to have all of them there in one place was awesome. Plus I have to admit I love all the rubbing on my belly because it makes me feel like my little one is already so loved. They say you can't choose your family, but if you could I'd choose the ones I have. I truly have the best family. They are all so loving, and generous and make me feel so special every time we are together! Everyone should have a family like mine!

I just have to start off by saying that my sister really set the bar high. I have a lot to live up to one day! Geesh! The food was fabulous and all home made by her, but I have to say my favorite were the desserts, she made cheesecake bites and cake balls! She swears she'll never make the cake balls again, but they were ohhhh so yummy! I probably gained 10 lbs eating all of them!

She had everyone decorate onesies for baby, and a couple of cloth diapers! Then we played this wives tale game, and I have to say I had more girls than boy, but still everyone there thinks I'm having a boy. Not sure if thats because we are a family of strictly girl great grandkids or what...

The only thing that sucks is that I have no pictures from the actual shower. SADNESS! but here are a few pictures of all the fun stuff we got! :)

our Lamb seat for baby!!
Thanks Schallers!!

our Lamb Swing!
I'm sooo excited about this!
My Aunts and cousins are awesome!!!

We displayed my weekly belly pictures.
Even I have to admit it's kind of cool to see the changes!

All our fun baby stuff!!!

We got everything from bath toys, to car seat and blankets!

We even got most of our bottles!!! I'm overwhelmed by the
generosity!

I also got 2 Vera Bradley diaper bags!!! How ever will I choose???
I am truly overwhelmed by my familys overwhelming love and support in their amazing gifts to me and baby. I feel so blessed to have each and every one of them in my life!



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Awesome stuff!! We have the same swing and I am so excited to use it! I also love my Vera diaper bag and I really liked the Chicco carseat. Congrats on all your new stuff mama! :)

    ReplyDelete