Background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Same Kind of Different as Me

As I've said in previous posts, some friends of mine and I started a book club a year ago (LBC) and about 2 weeks ago we met and discussed our June book. It was Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.

This was such an awesome book! I LOVED it! It was an inspirational story about the power of God and the unlikely way he shows it to us.

I don't want to give too much away because I truly feel you should read it but  it's about two men who come together and build an unbreakable bond through God. It's a true story and really opened my eyes to how God works and really made me want to be a better person.

I'm not perfect and I will not and have not ever claimed to be but this book made me want to be a better person and made me look at a lot of things I encounter daily differently. There are always two sides to every story and I feel sometimes our society (myself included) are too quick to judge those less fortunate than ourselves.

When we met I feel like the overwhelming consensus was that we all LOVED it. Some more than others, but it honestly got one of the highest ratings.

My Grade: A! 9.5/10

Our next book is Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. I've actually already read it but you'll have to wait for my review after we meet at the end of the month!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment