Background

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Precious Mangos!

Week of May 17th

How Far Along? 19 week

19 weeks 2 days
Due Date:  October 11th

Total weight gain/loss: even though I doubled in size I think I'm still up only 12

Maternity Clothes? Pretty much all. I love my Gap maternity jeans, and they are still doing that flip thing but not as bad. But most importantly I finally got new bras...I got some maternity ones from motherhood maternity and she measured me for them and I'm up 3 cup sizes!! REALLY!!! Also I got several summery tops because it was almost 90 degrees last week! and I got some shorts from Kohls, but unfortunately I don't get to wear any of them this week because it's not even 60 out! Gotta love Indiana!!!

Stretch Marks? No new ones thank goodness, though I truly feel I almost doubled in size!

Sleep?  It hasn't been horrible this week but It was beginning to really hurt as I tried to lay on my stomach so that is now out, and I'm trying to get sleep while sleeping on my side which my darn German Shepherd made harder by destroying one of my favorite pillows I've had since I was 10 this weekend!!!

Best Moment of this Week?  It's been a really rough week emotionally so I would have to say that getting to feel the baby more and more has been the best

Movement? YES more and more...it's the coolest thing EVER, it's a pleasant reminder of what all this pain is for, I think my baby is truly in tune with me because he/she will kick at the moment when i'm feeling most down and sad, and it brightens my day and makes everything we are going through seem worth it

Food cravings? I'm starting to crave healthier options...yay!

Food aversions? none really, thank goodness

Gender? I'm keeping ya guessing! But for those wondering I've felt lately it's a boy...not sure why though and I still waiver on that one occasionally

Labor Signs?  No thank goodness, but I have felt some cramping and tightening in my uterus this week. 

I swear I feel like I doubled in size!
Belly Button In or Out? Still in thank goodness!

What I miss? not feeling tired all the time. 

What I am looking forward to: Getting a start on the nursery! It's stressing me out!

Size of the Baby:








Baby's now the size of a mango!

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

**pictures to come when I have someone home to take them. I tried to take them myself last night and they just didn't work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment