Background

Monday, May 9, 2011

Down to ONE!

There has been a lot progress around the Chafin household as of late, but unfortunately haven't had a whole lot of time to blog about them.


It's official, I finished my 3rd semester of nursing school!!! I had one final last week for my mental health class and also our Kaplan test and had get a certain grade on it to get extra points. I'm happy to say things went great on both accounts!!!! I also finished up a final paper and a take home final exam last week. Doesn't it make you miss finals week????? Now we are officially moving on to the next and LAST semester.


Today marks the first day of my last semester of nursing school! I'm thrilled about it! I've long been at the burnt out point and just really want to be done! It's so hard to be in school while everyone else gets to be out there enjoying their lives. I feel like Adam and I miss out on so much because he works 2 jobs just to make ends meet! But I vow to work hard this summer and pass everything, the bright spot in all of this school stuff is that by the time I'm done, it will only be a mere 7 weeks before my little bean makes his/her arrival! I have to say that is the BEST part of all of this!!!


For the first 8 weeks of the semester I have Community Health Nursing and I'm a little anxious to see what this is all about, but excited at the same time! I'm looking forward to something a little different because we will be going to different clinics throughout the area and I actually volunteered to go to a home health agency who specializes in pediatric patients who are on ventilators. I think it will be a great experience! I truly look forward to it.


In other news...My second (well technically 3rd) ultrasound is tomorrow! For those familiar with pregnancy this is the one that I could go to and find out the sex of the baby, and as I've said before, We are NOT finding out. I am however excited to go and see my little one's hands and feet and see baby look more like a human than a food product. I'm also nervous because you never know what could happen, and also I'm afraid by accident I may find out...In maternity clinicals I was able to watch several ultrasounds and I actually was there when the ultrasound tech told the mothers that they were having a boy/girl and I was able to see that before she even had it up on the screen. But I suppose if I do find out tomorrow it will all be a part of Gods plan.


Also in other exciting news I have officially felt the little one move!!!!!!! I tried my friends suggestion of bringing my legs up to my chest and this allowed me to feel like gas bubble things in my stomach. But on Mother's Day morning at about 2 am when Adam finally got home from work I felt a little what I'm assuming was a kick. It felt like a gas bubble popping in my uterus! SO EXCITING!!!


I am also slowly buying things for the baby's room and am dreading the process of cleaning out our "catch all" room. It is going to be one HUGE project but well worth it. Adam's parents also ordered our crib and it should be here in the next few days, but we won't be able to put it up until June because right now that bedroom holds a bed that some of my family will be using in a few weeks when one of my cousins get married. But no worries I will take before and after pictures! I'm going to need a lot of help in the decorating area because if you could see my house you would see how horrible I am at decorating! But our theme is CLASSIC WINNIE the POOH and I've really enjoyed looking on ebay for some great finds of little things to put in the nursery! :)
Well until tomorrow, have a wonderful evening all!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you blogged!!! I love it! I am so jealous of you being able to feel your baby kick! It had to be a wonderful feeling! Have so much fun at your ultrasound tomorrow! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete