Background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our little Sweet Potato!

Week of May 10th

18 weeks me and buggie
and yes I'm in all of Adam's clothes
How Far Along? 18 week


Due Date:  October 11th


Total weight gain/loss: 11lbs, which is great considering last week I was up 13!


Maternity Clothes? Pretty much all. I love my Gap maternity jeans, and they are still doing that flip thing but not as bad. I am also wearing several of the tops I had gotten back in March because my other clothes honestly don't fit in the boob area...they also aren't long enough to cover the band of the maternity jeans. But around the house I keep steeling Adam and my dads clothes LOL...Adam "yelled" at me for this today saying..."DO YOU EVER WEAR YOUR OWN CLOTHES??"


Stretch Marks? I have officially found my first pregnancy related stretch mark...on my boob. UGGG how not awesome is that!


Sleep?  Ummm not so much thanks to finals week and Adam working so much but all a small price to pay...


Best Moment of this Week? Seeing baby today on the Ultrasound!!! Adam's parents came up for it, so his mom, my mom and him were in the ultrasound room during the exam. I don't think he cared too much, but I know both moms were ecstatic to be there! Doctor said everything looked great, baby looked healthy and right on target for gestational age! YAY!! Heart rate was a strong cool 142...boy maybe?? I got the quad screen today, so will know the results of that by next week!


our first look at Ash today

stretching!
perfect little body
HI world!!!


Movement? YES FINALLY! early last week I tried the tip of pulling my legs to my chest and felt gas bubbles or girgles or something in my stomach. Then on Mother's Day morning when Adam got home at 2 am from work and woke me up to talk (since I hadn't seen him in almost 36 hours...sleeping next to each other doesn't count) I felt a strong I kick in my uterus. It sort of felt like a bubble popping! I've only felt it a few other times, but it's still exciting. I'm also assuming that is what it was...


Food cravings? Food hasn't been a top priority this week I'm sad to say. I know that's not good but I couldn't help it. There has been some emotional issues and on top of that I haven't felt good


Food aversions? none really, I did get sick after eating dinner today... :(


Gender? I'm keeping ya guessing! And on top of that, the ultrasound tech said that the way the baby was positioned she couldn't get a good look anyway...baby is already following mommy's wishes (haha I'm not that naive I promise!)


Labor Signs?  No thank goodness, but I have felt some cramping and tightening in my uterus this week. 


Actually looks like a baby belly...sort of
Belly Button In or Out? Still in thank goodness!


What I miss? this is completely un pregnancy related but...the SUNSHINE! I swear I feel like it has rained for the last 6 weeks! The few days of sunshine we do get, I work or am in clinicals and am stuck inside all day...ohhh well this is the last summer of school....THANK GOODNESS!


What I am looking forward to: Baby related would be feeling Ash move more and more...non baby related I'm looking forward to getting this last semester under way!!


Size of the Baby:

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment