Background

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Lynlie is FOUR months old

Four months...wow just wow. Now granted she is nearly 5 months as I write this, but holy cow 4 months seems to have FLOWN by!

Time seems to be going even faster this time than it did with any of the others. I truly think its the daily hustle of having older kids that make it go by fast. Gone are my days of being able to stay home in my pajamas all day doing nothing but veg out, play and watch cartoons. Now the baby has to be on a schedule that revolves around pick up and taking the boys to school. In a lot of ways it sorta sucks because I miss my lazy days but I try my best to relish it and roll with it.

This month has been busy with Lynlie celebrating her first Christmas, adjusting to working weekends and just overall adjusting to being a family of 7. Im sort of grateful Christmas is over and we can really begin to adjust. It was so busy trying to go on little to no sleep to attend all family Christmas's. I wouldn't trade it, but I'm grateful to get a little more sleep.

Lynlie continues to be an amazing blessing and perfect addition to this family. She is easy going, a sleeping champ and just and overall joy to be around. Her sweet little personality is starting really show, she smiles all the time and has almost belly laughed a few times, but not quite.

Here are a few of her milestones.

  • She is a smiling champ. She has a smile much like Landon that is open mouth and takes over her whole face. Her whole face smiles when she smiles. She even has what appears to be a little dimple on her left cheek. 
    • much like her brothers I just have to say her name and her face lights up
    • She smiles most for mama. She definitely loves me the most (which I LOVE)
    • She does smile for others especially her dad, and siblings
  • She is not a fan of tummy time, and to be honest I don't do it very often. 
    • Santa got her a new tummy time mat that I need to get out
    • She can lift her head 45-90 degrees when placed on the boppy
  • She holds her head up really well
    • I often hold her facing out and she holds her head and body up really well; she has really strong head control. 
  • She does a great job of bringing her hands together and she has found her hands. Her hands have started to go to her mouth often
  • She doesn't like the bumbo or jumperoo yet. 
  • She is still put in the swing on occasion but she will only stay there for a few minutes at a time.
  • She prefers to be held (who can blame her) and I often can't do a whole lot without holding her
    • I need to get some wraps to be able to hold her while cooking or cleaning or whatever
  • She is sleeping a lot!
    • She typically goes down around 8-9 and I will wake her at 6:30 to feed her while I get lincoln ready for school and she will then sleep until 9:30 or so when I wake her to feed her before going to pick Lincoln up
    • She takes a nap in her carseat for a short time usually about 30-45 min
    • She will most days take a nap in her crib for 3-4 hours in the afternoon
    • She still takes a nap while she nurses around 6-7pm
  • She is still exclusively breastfed 
    • She nurses 6-8 times a day
    • often during the day she will sleep while nursing
    • she will nurse more frequently in the afternoon and evening
    • She takes a bottle really well!
  • We FINALLY got rid of the nipple shield!!
    • I can already tell she is gaining weight!
    • We got rid of it on Christmas Eve and besides the occasional need of it those first few days we haven't looked back. 
  • She has started to roll from side to side and I'm sure will roll over soon
  • she will bat at toys on her play mat
  • if she has a toy she will try to put it in her mouth
  • She is still in size 1 diapers
    • I haven't made the switch to cloth and I'm not sure if  I will. I can barely keep up with my weekly laundry let alone adding 2-3 more loads a week of diapers. 
  • she is still in 3 month clothes. 
    • She is still pretty tiny so I doubt I'll be moving up soon or anything
  • She coos all the time, and talks to us constantly. She is so precious
She has been such a blessing to our family and I'm so grateful God gave her to us. I never knew my heart needed a child so badly until she came. She has brought me so much joy and happiness that I didn't know I was capable of feeling again.

Since getting rid of the nipple shield she no longer nurses for 40+ minutes, we are down to 12-15 per side and I can already tell she is gaining weight and I was right! Even the pediatrician was pleasantly surprised!
  • She is 24.75 inches
  • She is in the 75th% for height
  • She is 11lbs 14 oz
  • She is in the 20th% for weight
She also got her shots, I haven't done the alternative vaccine schedule I did with the boys so she got them all and she ended up getting a low grade fever and in turn got some ibuprofen which seemed to take care of the fever, but she was a little more fussy than normal the following two days but nothing that was too terrible. I might space out her next vaccines since we might do the flu shot at her 6 month appointment so I'd have to come back a month later for that second shot as well. 

Over all Lynlie is a joy and makes it really hard to stick to this whole "she's my last baby" thing...but truly Adam and I are content and even though we want more babies we know our family is as complete as it ever could be for now.

Here are our weekly photos 








And our monthly pictures....







my little love

almost rolling



No comments:

Post a Comment