Background

Monday, February 5, 2018

Lynlie is 3 Months Old

In true fashion I'm WAY late writing this so I'm going to try my best to remember how things were.

I know I say this every time with each kiddo but every month seems to just get sweeter and sweeter. As much as I hate watching my kids grow, mainly because I just love newborns, I do love watching their personalities start to come out. Her personality thus far is just pure sweetness and happiness. Her smile is much like landon's with that big wide open grin. But she still favors Lincoln most of the time.

She and I should say all of us have survived me going back to work. She gave her papa a run for his money on the first day back, which I figured she would because that day she was so fussy. I'm still trying to get her on a more normal sleep and nap schedule but we will get there eventually. I just feel like my maternity leave was cut short, and went by so quickly with the daily grind of having a school aged kid. I really wish I could have enjoyed her a little more but I did my best to hug and love on her as much as I could.

So here are some of her milestones for this month

  • She is indifferent about the pacifier. She will take it but not for long. It's mostly used when I'm not around and she can't nurse--thats still her favorite way to sooth. 
  • She still does well with her carseat, she just gives me such huge smiles! She usually takes a nap in it in the morning when we are going to take one of the boys to or from school. 
    • my goal is to get her to take her morning nap in the carseat so that she will take a longer afternoon nap but we'll see how that goes. 
  • She does not like her "bath" time in the shower. Although it's super easy to just give her a shower, I'd still like to see how she does in the bath. But I have yet to give her one, but for the most part she screams the whole time in the shower...so we make them as quick as possible. 
  • She is still in 3 month clothes, She still pretty tiny so I'm not surprised at this...she seems to be quite a bit smaller than the boys so I doubt we will be going up to 6 month clothes anytime soon. 
  • She smiles all the time, I just have to say her name and she will flash me this HUGE smile! I absolutely love it. 
    • she's not quite laughing yet, I can't wait for this
    • she coo's and "talks" all the time and it seems to be getting more and more frequent so I'm hoping that she will start laughing soon. 
  • She doesn't love to be put down, though I'm trying to work on it. She will lay on her mat for short periods of time, but isn't a fan of the jumperoo just yet. I've only sat her in the bumbo once and she HATED it. 
  • She holds her head up really well and is gaining strength in her core
  • She hates tummy time and I have to admit I'm not good at making her do it. I think Santa will be bringing her a new tummy time mat for Christmas!
  • She is not a big fan of the swing, and I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the mamaroo swing either, all the older kids had a fisher price one and I loved that swing and so did they, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy another one (inevitably the toddlers break the swing because they sit in it) so we are borrowing the mamaroo from my cousin, its helped a bit but not as much as the other swings have. 
  • She is still exclusively breastfed and we are still using the nipple shield. 
    • I'm so ready to be done, but she still "clicks" her tongue from and it hurts when I try to get her off of it, but I think it could be hindering her growth because she will nurse for 40+ minutes at a time. 
    • she feeds roughly 7 times a day due to her long stretches at night she seems to nurse every 60-90 min during the day...which is hard when she nurses for 40 min! 
  • She had her first family wedding and was loved on by everyone especially my cousin Jeanette. 
  • She saw santa for the first time and of course was a champ.
  • She will blow raspberries on occasion and has actually started to drool a lot! I bought her some bibs for Christmas because she drools so much! 
  • She is still our champ little sleeper, she still has her occasional 1 am bedtimes but I'm trying super hard to get her on a more normal schedule but following the baby wise principle of eat, play, sleep during the day. 
    • she will sleep for 10 hours and take 3-4 naps a day still
    • she still seems like she sleeps A LOT!
    • she is still in the basinett in our room but I'm thinking we will have to transition her soon so she can sleep a little sounder without having Landon or me due to my coughing wake her up
    • she has taken a few naps in her crib but nothing consistent. 
Lynlie is truly such a blessing and we are so lucky she is ours! I thank God everyday for giving us to her and I thank Laynie for picking out such a beautiful and perfect addition to our family....and now for the photo shoots...

Here are the weekly photos











And our monthly pictures. 

















And of course her 3 month pictures with Alicia... could she be any cuter???
















No comments:

Post a Comment