Background

Monday, February 5, 2018

Lynlie is TWO months

how two months has passed I will never fully comprehend. I thought that time went by fast with Lincoln but that is nothing compared to now with Lynlie. I think time feels like it's gone so fast because we are just so busy with the Linc and Lando and taking them to and from school all the time, my days just go by so fast and she spends half her day in the car. 

But none the less days running together or not, Lynlie is a true blessing. She has been such a perfect addition to this family! She makes my heart swell and I'm so grateful God entrusted her to us. 

She has really started to develop quite the adorable little personality where she smiles all the time and is one happy little babe. She still isn't quite on a schedule but I think thats because we aren't really home. For a few weeks shes been going to bed between 1-2 am!!! Now she will sleep for 7-9 hours and eat and want to go back to bed. This mama is uber tired since I get up at 6:30 with Linc. So i've really got to get her schedule shifted back a few hours. 

Other than the sleep thing I'm truly enjoying being a mama of 5. I'm trying my best to have life slow down a bit so I can enjoy Lynlie. Since she is most likely our last I just want to enjoy every single second I can with her. She is just so yummy. I could kiss her sweet cheeks all day!! 

Here are her milestones this month
  • She sleeps roughly 7-9 hours at night pretty regularly. there were a few weeks of bedtime being 1-2am but we are slowly moving to the 11pm time frame :)
    • she still naps between each feeding, but I'm trying to get her to stay awake in the evenings so she will go to sleep at night. 
  • She is SUPER happy in the morning. She is all smiles and coos. 
  • She does a pretty good job in the swing. I have to say that I don't love the mamaroo swing as much as I loved our lamb swing. Just doesn't seem to be as soothing to them. But since it was lent to us since the boys broke the other one it will have to do. 
  • She doesn't get a lot of floor time, mainly bc we aren't home a lot, but when she does she does pretty well with it so long as someone else doesn't hit her in the face or kick her by accident. 
  • She HATES having her diaper changed. She just screams!!!
  • She is exclusively breastfed and hasn't even had a bottle yet
    • she will typically eat every 2.5-3 hours
    • we still use the nipple shield. I've tried a few times to get her off, but she still clicks her tongue and bites down. I'm beginning to get nervous that she will use it forever! 
  • She holds her head up really well
  • She hasn't had much tummy time on the floor, but she does lay on my chest and she does ok with it. I've never been real good at tummy time and all my kids are fine, so I'm much more relaxed about it this time. Plus I'm in no rush for her to do things, I'll keep her small for as long as I can. 
  • She doesn't love showers. She will usually eventually relax but she's not a fan
    • she still hasn't had an actual bath yet...
    • She doesn't mind me washing her hair in the sink. I do this every few days because I Hate greasy baby hair!
  • There have been a few times where I have to use the Moby with her because I can't get anything done without it
  • She gets super fussy when shes tired. It's really the only time shes super fussy. Most of the time this happens at night. 
  • She still isn't a huge fan of the pacifier but I did break down and buy a Wubanub and she seems to take that better than anything else. 
    • you still have to work with her quite a bit to get her to take it. 
    • she only sucks on it to fall asleep then she spits it out
We got off a normal 2 month schedule due to her doctor being out of town so we just had her 2 month check up when she was 10 weeks old. She got her shots and her siblings got their flu shots.....yes I'm crazy! Unfortunately she didn't gain a whole lot of weight...only 1/2 lb but she did grow 1.5 inches. But with the minimal weight gain he wants to see her back in 1 month...so in the mean time we are going to try to increase a feeding each day and get some lactation help. 
  • She weighs 10 lbs even
  • She is 24 inches long
  • She is 25th% for weight
  • She is 90th% for height
I don't know what it is about my girls and their struggle to gain weight as babies but I just hope that we get this under control. Nothing brings back a little PTSD as hearing that your baby isn't gaining weight. 

All things considered I think we are adjusting to to being a family of 7 fairly well. It's chaotic at times but it's fun and truly enjoyable. We love all these kiddos and Lynlie is just the icing on the cake. She has such a sweet little personality and we couldn't be more grateful to God for entrusting her to us. 

Here are our weekly pictures this month 








She’s still skinny as ever, keeping on track with my kiddos of being skinny until about month 4...so we shall see. 


Here are a few pictures of our girl and our monthly Photoshoot.





this smile


i mean come on!




of course everyone needed in on this photo!

Lynlie you are a delight. We love you so much and you are the perfect addition to this crazy family!!



No comments:

Post a Comment