Background

Monday, July 2, 2018

Lorelai is 3!!!!!


Oh my oh my....how are our beautiful twins THREE!!! Most of the time it really catches me off guard when I think about how it has been three years since they were born. Every day since has definitely been an adventure, and we are so grateful to be here at three...though I will say a large part of me misses my itty bitty baby, that was the sad but beautiful thing about Lorelai, she was like an eternal newborn...

Now I wouldn't say Lorelai is big by any means, but she is slowly getting bigger, we are actually in 2T/3T clothes. While most of her 2T stuff still fits, I am buying some 3T things for the spring!!! 

This year, I really wanted to go to the beach again but mom and Stacie could either not commit to a beach vaycay or I honestly don't know what the deal was, but since it was such a big milestone birthday for them (60 & 30) I decided to tough it out and go to freezing cold Chicago again. I really don't mind Chicago but Chicago in March is brutal! With my Birthday in August and the boys in October and Lynlie is Septemeber we all have warm birthdays so part of me feels bad for Lola that she has this uber cold birthday in March, thanks to Indiana weather...but OH well we make due with what we have. 

It really was a nice trip, mom rented an airbnb and it was a really nice 2 bedroom condo on the 47th floor of some building. it had a wrap around balcony that made my stomach turn, but the views were beautiful. We went to the zoo, had dinner and celebrated our girls (mom and stace included). It was a nice time with family away from the hum drum of daily life. We had a balloon release on the 4th for Laynie and that's always a special moment for me, though she is gone she is definitely not forgotten. 

Here is my beautiful 3 year old...man it's hard to get a good picture. 

















Lunch at smoke daddys 

This girl 


its tough being 3!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!



DIVA!

Laynie we love you!

Happy 60th Birthday Mimi

Happy 30th Birthday TT!!

Big girl wears big girl gown at the MDs office!
Here are a few things about Lorelai at age 3.
  • If it's possible this girl is more fun than ever before! 
    • She is sweet, getting more and more kind and just so much fun to be around
  • She is CONSTANTLY talking--to the point where we ask her if she ever stops talking and she responds...ummm no
  • She FINALLY got all of her teeth this year. I think her bottom incisor teeth came in around october, so she has a full set of teeth finally
  • She eats a lot (for her)!
    • she will try almost anything, 
    • she does not like fruit. I have yet to find a fruit she will eat
    • she still gets a bottle at nap time and bedtime
    • she loves green beans and chicken. those are her favorites
      • of course she loves chicken nuggets, hot dogs, macamone cheese (mac n cheese), and french fries...but I try to get her to eat good things too
    • She still prefers a bottle but will drink water from a sippy and will sometimes take her milk in a sippy too. 
  • Her reflex is getting better too!! 
    • we rarely have an instance of vomiting so long as we give her her meds! YES!
  • She is almost fully potty trained...
    • she stays dry for hours at a time, but doesn't tell us she has to potty. But will go on the potty when we take her. 
  • She is still our rockstar sleeper
    • She goes down between 8-9 and will sleep until 9-10 the next day
      • she takes 1 2-4 hour nap a day too!
  • She is enjoying more puzzle type toys, her dolls, doll house and still loves those books
    • very hungry caterpillar and the very busy spider book are her favorites
  • Girl is OBSESSED with cell phones, tablets and the like! Its a bit ridiculous! Any time she sees my dad or my mom she immediately asks for their HiPads or phone...its BAD!
    • I don't give her either hardly ever, unless I'm trying to get dinner done and I need a break! but we really need to real it in!
  • As mean as she was at 2, she is that sweet at 3. She is so precious. So sweet, kinda and just a joy to be around.
  • She love to do anything and everything her brothers do, including playing toys and house with them. Lincoln is really good at including her in playing
    • Landon and Lorelai fight a lot! I think it has to do with them being so close in age, but darn they are always arguing!
  • She still HATE to have her hair brushed...still screams bloody murder...in fact every time we walk into my bathroom she starts cry...no brush my hair..its sad. I've started using the monat kids brand on her hair and i see improvements so I hope it continues to get better
    • I put her hair up most of the time. It's just easier than dealing with food and stuff getting in it
  • Shes currently in size 2T, but is slowing fitting into size 3T!!

We had a small party for her at a bounce house in noblesville and we decided to go a little overboard and we bought a bounce house for our house for her...she loves it! 







She is definitely wild and three and we love her so much!


















I had combined Lynlie's 6 month pictures with Loreali's 3 year pictures...well after rescheduling 6 times for weather and other things, we finally got them done, but it was so windy outside, so I'm not a huge fan of them, but oh well....








Lorelai and Laynie we love you so very much! I can't believe you are THREE!!! I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. Your dad and I are so grateful to you both for showing us what patience, understanding and love truly means. You're our miracles and we love you so much! HAPPY 3rd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment