Background

Monday, May 10, 2010

Nursing School Begins

Today I started nursing school...whooo hooooooo!!! Although I must say this was the most anxious I've ever been to start a semester of college. I'm not sure why, but I was all nerves yesterday and this morning I felt like I could vomit at any time. I'm not usually an anxious person either which made it all the more strange. But anyway I made it through the first day with no problems. :)
Today was what they called "orientation" but it really was just orientation for the only clinical class we have right now. Right now we are just in fundamentals of nursing. Which today we learned, how to give a bath, put a patient on a bed pan, how to put on an attends, and how to transfer a patient from the bed to a chair. (wow never done any of that before..haha). All in all it was a good first day that gave me a little more confidence going forward.
After we finished with this orientation I went and printed off everything I will need for the first 3 classes we are taking for this summer. I guess we add 2 more classes at the end of June as well as once Fundamentals are over we add Med surg I. This is definately fast paced and intense just looking at the syllabus but it will all be worth it in the end!!! I'm so excited to have started this new chapter in my life as well as excited about all the things I will learn.
Life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment