Background

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Lynlie is SIX months

A whole half of a year? What how? why? Where does the time go? It's so hard to believe that my baby is half a year. Time just seems to be flying by!!! It's been one heck of a half of a year too!

She is growing more and more and those thighs keep getting thicker and thicker...and lets just face it, there is nothing better. She is getting more and more of a personality and I am loving getting to see her blossom into this beautiful and content little babe. She is such a blessing and we are so grateful that we get to love her.

Her six month milestones are;
  • She rolls from back to front. She hasn't quite mastered the front to back roll just yet. 
  • She is starting to sit in her bumbo more. She will sit there for a few minutes at a time. 
  • She still sleeps really well, sleeping about 12-14 hours at night, waking once at 6ish ( I usually wake her) for a feeding.
    • she still takes 2-3 naps a day
      • a quick 30 min nap in the AM while we go pick up Lincoln
      • A 2-3 hour afternoon nap
      • another 30 min nap in the late evening.
  • She is still swaddled while she sleeps. I still think this is why she is sleeps so well. I really need to get her un-swaddled for sleep though, we have tried a few times since she rolls to her tummy and keeps her head buried in the bed. 
  • She is doing slightly better with tummy time
    • she still isn't a huge fan, and lets face it doesn't get put down very much. But she will tolerate it for a few minutes and she hold her head up 
  • She is liking her jumperoo a little more too. While she seems to like the one at my parents house more than she likes the one at our house...there is slightly more to grab at on theirs
    • She will typically only sit in it for 10 min or so before getting irritated and want to be held. --she's no Lando and his jumper! 
  • She still takes the occasional paci. But only if she super tired and/or if shes in her carseat and needs to suck to fall asleep
  • She will suck on her tongue still when she is tired and wants to fall asleep and isn't able to nurse.
    • usually this is how I tell she is sleepy
      • she will rest her head on my shoulder and suck her tongue...cutest thing ever. 
  • She still loves to give me kisses and will suck on my lip when shes really tired or hungry...she will even find my face to suck on my lip at times...so cute!
  • She had her first visit to Chicago and did quite well! She slept well in the pac n play and was just the ever cutest and pleasant little traveler. 
  • She is still Exclusively breastfed and isn't really showing any interest in our food at this time, so we will just wait until she shows a bit more interest. 
  • She loves her little fingers still and will find every opportunity to put those little fingers in her mouth
    • she doesn't suck on them, just either holds them in her mouth or chews on them
  • She has found her feet and will take her socks off at every opportunity
  • She is pretty talkative still and sings and babbles, but doesn't say any words just yet. 
  • She still notices me above everyone else, and will be fine sitting with other people until she hears or sees me...girl loves her mama
  • She is playing with toys more and more; I have to admit I've been pretty bad at having toys out for her to play with. I really need to get the infant toys back out! 
    • but she will bat at and play with the toys that are on her carseat
  • She still isn't sitting up just yet, or standing but that's probably more related to the fact that she is rarely put down...gotta get better about it. 
  • She is still in some 3 month clothes, though I started to get out the 6 month clothes...
I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but especially since I'm writing this now that she's 10 months old. Sorry Lynnie I'm trying, life is just so busy and my computer is wanting to take a crap. But thank goodness for iPhones and the ability to document things!

here are her weekly pictures. 










Here are her six month stats

  • She's 14 lbs 13 oz
  • She's 25% for weight
  • She's 26 inches
  • She's 50% for length
She's about 3-4 pounds lighter than the boys and about 1.5 inches shorter than the boys. She's still a little thing...not quite like Lola but she's still little...and I want to keep her that way. 


Our six month photo shoot...she chose this moment to give me a new face I've never seen before...the raised eyebrow smile is too much!







Almost like she is trying to look at me through her eyebrows...too cute
















Here are our six month photos with Alicia...well they are more like 7.5 month photos...we had to reschedule because of weather and vacations and injuries...The day we got them was super windy and still not the best weather but we got them done!














Oh Lynlie....how I love you! You're a dream and we are so very lucky you're ours!!! Love you my little love love.



No comments:

Post a Comment