Background

Monday, July 2, 2018

Lynlie is FIVE months old

Wow, just wow, how have 5 months gone by? How is it that in one more month it will be half a year since we brought our beautiful rainbow baby into this world? Each month, no in fact each day with her just gets sweeter and sweeter. Lynlie is the perfect addition to our family and she brings so much joy to our lives. I just can hardly believe that she's been here 5 months already

I am really trying to enjoy this baby stage as much as possible, but no matter what I do it just seems to be going by so fast. I am trying my hardest to relish each day and each moment and milestone with her because I know that more than likely she is my last baby, which is getting harder and harder to accept.

Lynlie is just growing into such a happy and beautiful little girl and I feel so privileged to just witness it and take part in her growth. God has blessed us so abundantly and we are so grateful.

Here are few highlights from Lynlie's 5th Month of life.
  • She continues to be a smilely little goober, giving me smiles all the time. She will smile at pretty much everyone and I love that big gummy, toothless smile
  • I continue to be her favorite person (I'm not complaining one bit) She above all my kids loves me the most, and won't tolerate being held by anyone else
    • I have friends who even get "upset" when I talk in the same room as them because once she hears my voice its all over. HAHA
  • She started rolling over! Yay...well kinda. 
    • She now rolls to sleep on her stomach which would be fine...but she keeps her nose planted in the bed! So she sleeps face down! GIRL TURN YOUR HEAD! 
  • Shes getting better about tummy time/play time and just being put down. And by better I mean that I can usually get her to do it for a few minutes at a time.
    • Lets be honest if she starts to cry I just hold her. I have really loved snuggling her!
  • She still somewhat takes a pacifier. Not all the time, and usually its only in the car, but she will take it for other people
  • Shes still a pretty good sleeper, she will sleep for 10-14 hours at night
    • I still wake her around 6:30 for a feeding since I'm up with Lincoln, and I have a hope that I'll get to go back to bed for a bit if I feed her while I'm up :)
    • She still takes 2-3 naps a day. Usually in the car in the morning for about 20-45 min either going or picking Linc up, and the again in the afternoon for 2-3 hours and then sometime a 20-45 min nap around 6 pm. 
    • we are still swaddling at night, and naptime...maybe someday...
  • She will sometimes reach for things
  • She chews on her fingers a lot still. She doesn't suck, just chews on them. Weird!
  • She is still exclusively breastfed and shows no signs of wanting food
    • She will eat every 3-4 hours or sometimes more frequent during the day. 
    • She is getting faster at eating since getting rid of the nipple shield so thats a bonus

Lynlie is just a dream and we love her so very much! She as been such a blessing and we Enjoy every second with her. 

here are our weekly photos






And our monthly photos






Always with those fingers....










Lynlie you're a dream, you're smile is contagious and I just love you more with each passing breath. You are the absolute perfect addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment