Background

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Three weeks!

It's hard to believe that we've been a family of 6 (we have 2 dogs) for three weeks. It seems like a lifetime and just yesterday all at the same time.

I can't imagine our lives without Landon, it seems like he has always been here, and to be honest is the perfect fit to our family. He's truly a blessing and has made the transition from 1 to 2 kids so super easy.

This picture is from when he was two weeks old. 

At two weeks old I was all on my own with no help, thank goodness Landon and Lincoln are easy kids or I might have gone insane. 
Landon for the most part goes to bed around 10 and sleeps until 4/5, eats and then gets up 3/4 hrs later and does it all over again. I usually get up around 10 when Lincoln wakes up and we start our day. 
Landon and I getting Lincoln up for the day :)

Last week we didn't do a whole lot. We had Lincoln's two year pictures on Monday and then the kids and I just hung around the house the rest of the week. It was really cold here last week and gloomy and zero fun. I hate the cold and really didn't want to take a newborn outside so unfortunately for Lincoln we just stayed inside. 

Friday was my first time going shopping with the two boys, other than to the grocery store. I had to go get a few things for Lincoln's Halloween costume. A friend of mine met me and we went and got everything I needed. It's quite a bit more challenging doing easy errands with two kiddos 2 and under but I'm trying to take it in stride and enjoy it. 

At three weeks Landon is the perfect baby. He is SO much easier than Lincoln EVER was. Lincoln I swear came out a challenge and didn't get easy until he was almost 4 months old! Landon has been the opposite. He was a fussy baby the first day or three while we waited for my milk to come in but has been so much easier since then. 

He eats every 1-3 hrs during the day which makes it hard to do much else, and then sleeps 5-7 hrs at night. So to be honest I will take it!! It makes my days a little challenging constantly feeding him, but I feel so much more rested!! 

For the most part Landon is only fussy in the evenings, and fussy is a strong word for it. He is just more challenging than during the day. During the day he sleeps between feedings. He sometimes needs to be held to sleep but for the most part I can put him in his swing or his lamb seat and he will sleep for about an hr. Other times he and I lay on the couch with him on my chest and I catch up on some TV while Lincoln takes a nap. 

At night he can get a little fussier I think because his belly hurts him and he is super tired and fights sleep. The night is really just a challenge because I feel like I'm failing him. He cries, he won't latch, and he gets so mad, Adam and I have had to take turns walking with him until he falls asleep but I'm starting to get better at realizing he is just tired and I'm not failing him as a mom, but it's still hard :-/ I just hate when my kids cry...total mommy guilt. 

As for me, I'm feeling great! I'm only 1 lb as of this morning from my pre-Landon weight which is awesome!!! I'd love to get within 5-10 lbs of my pre-Lincoln weight in the next few months, I need to get healthier this time and make my health more of a priority than I did post-Lincoln. We plan to wait a few more years before trying for baby #3 and I'd like to be as close to my pre-nursing school weight as possible, or just feel better about how I look :) I want to be as healthy a mom for my kids as possible. 

All and all it's been a great 3 weeks and I've loved every second of being at home with my kids! Hopefully soon I will be able to do it more than just when I'm off on maternity leave. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment