Background

Thursday, August 22, 2013

33 weeks with Baby #2

Week of August 18, 2013

33 weeks 3 days...we had just come back
from my Birthday Dinner :)
How Far Along? 33 Weeks

Due Date: October 6, 2013

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't stepped on the scale this week but at my doc appointment I was down 1 from the last time I was there, so 12-14...somewhere in there

Maternity clothes? Yes of course!

Stretch Marks? yes, I have a developed a few more believe it or not...


Sleep: Horrendous! I am up like 8 times a night...blah

Best moment this week: I have a few...but I will start with the sad. We had a very close friend lose their baby at 37 weeks to a very rare genetic condition. It was a whirlwind of them finding out about the condition and then having to induce and then the baby only survived for 20 minutes or so. Being pregnant myself this made me extremely anxious. She hadn't suspected that anything was wrong and just went into her 36 week appointment and her whole world changed. 
And not that I have any reason to suspect anything, but I was a little more hypersensitive to this baby, and we were in Chicago all weekend and super busy and I slept horrible, so I wasn't feeling the baby move quite as much as before, which only further worried me. But at my Doctor appointment on Tuesday I was measuring right on schedule, which is the best indication that my blood sugars are not making this baby too big!! and the heart rate was in the 150s.  She reassured me that I have no reason to suspect anything to be wrong with this baby. And also said that if she had any worry whatsoever she would go completely overboard with tests and things. SO YAYYYYY

And the second thing is that...being that I'm a few days late in posting this...I'd have to say becoming an aunt on monday! My brother in law and his wife had their beautiful baby girl on monday!!

Wednesday 8/21/13
33 weeks 3 days
Movement: Baby was a little sleepy last week but we are back to moving like normal. Which makes this mama happy

Food cravings: Nothing really

Food aversions: none

Gender: I haven't a clue anymore...

Labor Signs: none yet, and it better stay that way!

Belly Button in or out? never went out with little man...so still in!

What I miss: sleeping through the night...but I guess it will be a few weeks until that happens. 

What I am looking forward to: We are having a review session with our Bradley Method instructor on Sunday and I'm hoping it will help ease my anxiety about labor...I'm hoping I'm just remembering the bad parts and then its just taking off in my head...I mean I've done it once, I can do it again right? And they say its not so bad the second time. 

Size of the Baby:







Baby's now the size of a honeydew!
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.








No comments:

Post a Comment