Background

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Lorelai is SIX

 

I have been really bad at doing my yearly posts for Lorelai's birthdays. I mean if we are being honest her birthdays are just plain hard. I love getting to celebrate her and have her feel so special because she really is. But its also just so sad bc there should be two little girls dressed up in tutus blowing out candles, holding hands, running around acting crazy. There will forever be a part of me that wishes and prays our circumstances were different. 

This year Lorelai finished up preschool and started Kindergarten. Poor girl had a pretty crappy end to her preschool time with Covid shutdown and not being able to be in the classroom for the last few months. Her teachers did a great job of dropping off things for us to do but we didn't always get to do them because well E-learning with 3 kids and a 2 year old who is a stage-five clinger is TOUGH!! But forever being my little go with the flow, take the bull by the horns kid she rolled with it and adapted to the new normal like a champ.

She started Kindergarten and is thriving. We chose to put her in the AM kindergarten so that she could get used to waking up early and then have the ability to take a nap if she needed to. She has always been my kiddo that needed a lot of sleep. I MEAN A LOT!!!! 14-15 hours a day. She has slept 12 hours at night since she was probably 1, with taking easily a 2-3 hour nap during the day. Girl loves her sleep. We did get her tonsils and adenoids taken out just before she went to Kindergarten to hopefully help with her sleep, I had noticed she was sleeping with her mouth open and just didn't seem to look like she was getting restful sleep. LET ME TELL YOU THE DIFFERENCE it made!! For the first few weeks she of course needed to take a nap most days. But within a month, the girl would sleep only 11 hours at night, most of the time waking up on her own at 6 and be good for the rest of the day. I truly feel like getting her tonsils out allowed her to get a more restful sleep!! 

Lorelai was struggling with being a little behind in school so we got her a tutor and she is really thriving with school and her tutor, she is learning to read and is loving the doors and opportunities that open when you learn to read. When she finally gets something the smile on her face is priceless

Something that is super sweet about Lorelai is her need to be right. Not in a "I always have to be right way" but in the uncertainty of life as she's learning and wanting to make sure she truly understands the world around her. When she is talking to someone and she is unsure, or really knows what she is talking about but isn't quite sure she knows the answer, she will follow it up with "right mama" or "right dada?" or whoever she is talking to. While this can get to be a bit much because honestly home girl never stops talking, when I can sit back and really enjoy my time with her I find it rather endearing that she cares and wants to truly understand the world around her. 

Lorelai is really just blossoming into a beautiful person. Gone is her mean streak of toddlerhood. She has a deep love of Jesus and loves to pray with me at night. She is loving growing up and making friends and becoming more and more independent. 

She completed her OT which we had gotten her into because I had noticed that as she tried to hold a pencil or scissors at preschool she seemed to struggle with hand strength. Honestly what really made me aware of it was how at my parents house (while we were living with them) Lynlie could open doors and Lola couldn't. They had just standard brass knobs and Lynlie had no trouble turning them to open doors but Lorelai really struggled with having the strength to do so. So she did OT for about a year and has never looked back. Girl loves to cut and do all those things now. 

Lorelai,

You are a gem, a true beauty and light in this world. You have a heart that is so big and vast, it is truly an honor to know you and watch you shine and grow. There is absolutely nothing I love more than seeing you grow. There were so many times sitting in the NICU where I wondered if I would have the chance to see you go to Kindergarten and when that day hit I was so happy for you but also brought some bittersweet feelings a float as your sister should be with you. But you do an amazing job of keeping her memory alive. I truly love how much you love her and how you ensure that she is made still a part of this family, you make my heart just swim with pride. 

While I would love to keep you little forever because you bring me so much joy, I am also anxious to continue to watch you grow and see the young girl you become. I know without a doubt that you will do something big in this world. You have a heart of gold and truly love everyone and everything. There is nothing in this world that you can not do and I hope I am able to help you foster your dreams whatever those may be. 

Your dad and I love you baby girl and are so proud of you. This world is a better place because of you! 


We were unable to go on a trip this year because well Covid. With me being pregnant we were nervous to be around pretty much everyone or go and do anything. We tried to do something fun, but of course EVERYTHING was closed because of Covid. We did spend the day at the park after you got out of school. It's always a joy to be with you on you birthday and let you know how special you are! 











We brought her balloons to carpool

She loves mexican and shrimp so of course thats what she got for lunch


her mermaid cake 



So excited she got a tablet for her birthday!


I think it was a successful day

Happy 6th Birthday my dear girl. I'm so lucky to be your mama!!! I can't believe you'll be 7 in just under a month!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment