Background

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Levi is SIX months old

 How is it we've already gotten to half a year with this sweet baby boy!??? Seriously I just can't imagine life without him. As I reflect on these last six months, I'm truly so grateful that God didn't listen to me when I said I wasn't sure I wanted any more children. He is seriously the icing on a pretty amazing cake. He is so dang sweet, I don't really know how to adequately describe him, other than just sweet. He is really calm, cool and collected most of the time. He is almost always in a good mood. If he isn't its because he is hungry, tired or both. He thinks his siblings are the best and tolerates them trying to hold him constantly, always be in his face, and if I'm being honest overstimulating to me, he just takes it in stride, smiles at them (and somewhat laughs). Clearly this child has his dads personality (PRAISE JESUS!! the world can only take so many of me and Lynlie haha)

This month we will be celebrating Levi's first Christmas and it's just such a magical and blessed time of year to get some time with him and have him join in our family traditions. I'm just so looking forward to what is ahead and what Levi will bring to our family. I hope he always stays this sweet, loving and just grows in kindness and strength in God. 

Here is our monthly milestones

  • He is a great sleeper!!! He is sleeping around 8-10 hours before waking for a feeding and then sleeping for a total of about 12 hours
    • I usually wake him up around 6:30/7 to feed him because I'm already up and this way I *just might* get to lay back down for an hour or so before Lynlie wakes up and/or needs to get up for school or dance. 
    • He is taking about 2-3 naps per day still. One in the morning for about an hour, and afternoon nap that is a little bit longer and then an evening one that is about 45 min-hour depending on how well of an afternoon nap he got. 
  • He is still *mostly* sleeping in the bassinet next to me because I think I'm honestly not ready to admit he is old enough to do so. It almost depresses me
    • Adam has started putting him in his crib at night when I'm at work, which he says is going fine. I did move to a wifi monitor this time so it is nice to be able to check on him while I'm at work and see how he is sleeping or if Adam has to get up with him. 
  • He is still exclusively breastfed, bc in true Chafin kiddo form he isn't showing signs of wanting to eat yet. He really only even remotely acts interested in eating if he is pushing the 4 hour mark and wants to nurse. Once I feed him he could really care less. *maybe* this month he will start to show signs but since I tend to follow the Baby Led Weaning we will just wait for him to show us he's ready
    • Most of the time Adam only has to feed him once while I'm at work which is nice bc then I don't have to pump more than once! If he gets up around 6 he's not super upset or anything so usually he can be distracted until I get home. (easiest baby ever!)
  • He wears size 2 diapers still. 
  • He thinks diaper changes are HILARIOUS!!! Like seriously will almost laugh when I have to change him. The poopier the funnier to him. He's such stinker and I love it!
  • He wears size 3-6 month clothes but we are definitely getting close to phasing these out and move to 6 month clothes. 
  • Man o Man is he drooling! He honestly has been constantly drooling since he was about 4.5 months old but he is a drool MONSTER!! St. Nicholas even brought him bibs because we needed to be able to keep his clothes dry!!
    • No teeth or even signs of teeth yet though
  • Everything goes into his mouth...like everything!!!
    • He still loves his Nemo toys
    • He definitely prefers to sit up vs lay down
      • He love the sit me up things, he will sit in that for a long time vs laying on the ground
    • He is really good at playing with the travel bar that goes across him in his carseat, it provides him with a lot of entertainment and he does a really good job of letting it occupy him while we go to dance or carpool 
  • He is starting to not like the paci as much. Even though he really only used it to sooth himself to sleep...same as all his siblings...he definitely seemed to have more of an affinity to it than the others but even now he only uses it with other people when I'm not there to nurse him to sleep. 
  • He is a rolling machine! Rolls both ways, and all over
  • He is very talkative and it's the cutest sound in the world. 
  • He knows his name and will look up and give you the BIGGEST smile when you say his name. 
  • He sat in the cart for the first time, he was so cute! 
  • We went to the park and he went in the swing for the first time and LOVED IT
  • He celebrated his first Thanksgiving and although he didn't have any food, he was the cutest little Turkey and so dang sweet
Levi truly is a gem and I just adore him! He makes my heart swell with pride and happiness, I just can not imagine a world without him. He is a bright spot to my day every day. 


Here are his month 6 stats from his doctor 
  • He is 26.5 inches
  • He is in the 50th% for height
  • He is 15 lbs 13 oz 
  • He is in the 24th% for weight
Here are our monthly pictures. 




This face cracks me up
















He's had enough of my shenanigans








and our weekly photos. 



twenty-two weeks 11.10.21

twenty-two weeks 11.10.21

twenty-three weeks 11.17.21
twenty-three weeks 11.17.21

twenty-four weeks 11.24.21

twenty-four weeks 11.24.21

twenty-five weeks 12.1.21

twenty-five weeks 12.1.21

twenty-six weeks 12.8.21

twenty-six weeks 12.8.21

Levi is truly just the best and I adore him so very very much. He is just a huge blessing. As much as I want to keep him small and tiny, I'm so excited to see what his future holds. If the first half of a year is any indication of what this sweet kid will be like, we are beyond blessed!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment