Background

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Levi is FOUR months old

 Oh my goodness could my love for this sweet boy grow any more? I swear with each passing day this kid just gets better and better. He is a true gem! How did we get so lucky as to have him? When I think back to all the uncertainty I had about having another baby when we found out unexpectedly we were pregnant with him I can't help but think, was I crazy? How could I not trust God's perfect plan? Because I can't help but look into those sweet blue eyes and think DANG God had it right all along.


Like every month before this month just continues to show us how Levi is the perfect fit and end piece to our puzzle. I just look at him and how much he adores his siblings and is so easy going, and can't help but thank God for not listening to us when we said we were done having kids. We can't imagine our lives with out his perfect little smile, sweet demeanor and love. 

He has been a champ about me going back to work, and I'm so grateful to have such an amazing husband who rocks the single dad routine so well while I'm at work. It really isn't said enough how awesome he is. He gets all the kids to bed and fed with minimal complaints ;) I have adjusted my sleep schedule for work quite a bit so that I'm awake shortly after the kids come home so that I can help with homework and other needs, and mom helps with dinner (what would we do without my parents???) and then Adam gets the kids off to bed without a fight. He is my rock and my support and I'm so grateful to him. 

This month Levi has

  • Continues to smile any time he sees me
    • He seriously has the best and biggest smile ever, reminds me so much of Landon. 
  • He continues to be such a happy little squirt
    • He rarely cries, or fusses. Usually just when he is tired or hungry. 
  • He is sleeping about 10 or so hours at night, most nights straight through. If he wakes up he will feed and go back to sleep--THANK YOU LORD FOR ANOTHER GOOD SLEEPER!!
    • On week days I usually wake him at 6 or so to feed him when I'm up with the big kids getting them ready for school to feed him. If I do that he will usually go back down for a few hours. 
    • He is still swaddled, though I don't really think he needs to be. I think he would still sleep, but he seems to sleep more soundly
    • He doesn't take scheduled naps or anything, but he still seems to cat nap between each feed. but He is starting to be awake more and more between feeds.
    • He is still sleeping the bassinet next to my bed :)
  • He is wearing a size 1 diaper still
  • He is still in size 3 month clothes (he is a peanut) 
  • He is a drool MONSTER
    • Everyone thinks he is teething, but I'm not convinced
  • He does a really good job of bringing toys to his mouth. 
  • He continues to adore Lynlie...which is a huge blessing if you know her....He thinks she is so funny, and just looks at her so adoringly. (warms my mama heart right up)
  • He survived his first little "sickness" 
    • He ran a fever for all of like 6 hours. He was just extra sleepy, gave him some ibuprofen and he perked right on up to his normal self. 
      • mama on the other hand has mastitis and HOLY MOLY!!! It is ZERO fun!!
  • He is still exclusively breastfed
    • he will eat 7-9 times a day]
    • I'm pumping twice at night and still able to get more than enough to cover him
    • I'm actually freezing about 10 oz a week so far 
  • He doesn't get put down a whole lot. 
    • between me and the kids he is held a lot or entertained a lot for sure
    • we don't do a lot of tummy time or time on the floor--honestly we are just so busy he is either held or sleeping
      • I also am afraid of Lynlie hurting him, not intentionally but she loves him so much--sometimes a little TOO much ;)
  • Nolan and him are still best friends
    • no really they are starting to be more and more aware of each other and it really is so fun to watch these boys grow up together
Honestly while I know he is growing, compared to Nolan he is TINY!!! Reminds me a lot of how little Lynlie was as a baby. (obviously that didn't last long) but he really seems so small. And after taking him to his appointment he definitely isn't a very big baby. 

Here are his stats from his 4 month checkup
  • He is 25.5 inches long
  • He is in the 70% for length
  • He is 13 lbs 10 oz
  • He is in the 20th% for weight. 
Levi is just the best. He is truly a perfect fit into our family and I'm feeling so extra blessed by him!!! God truly knew just what we needed-- and it was him! 

Pictures from our 4 month photoshoot:



















I mean come on!!!!







And of course I had to do weekly pictures too!
Fourteen weeks 9.15.21

Fourteen weeks 9.15.21

Fifteen weeks 9.22.21

Fifteen weeks 9.22.21

Sixteen weeks 9.29.21

Sixteen weeks 9.29.21

Seventeen weeks 10.6.21

Seventeen weeks 10.6.21

So Normally I get professional photos at 3 months for the kids, but due to sicknesses and well COVID, they got pushed back a bit so we did them the day after Levi turned 4 months. Honestly the colors and the background...these are some of my most favorite ever!!






How majestic is this picture

Best big brother ever!!



Seriously how did I get so lucky?





Oh My sweet boy, there aren't words to describe my love for you! I'm so grateful to be your mama. You are just the perfect end piece to our family!!! We couldn't love you more!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment