Background

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Levi is FIVE months old

Oh my sweet little love bug is FIVE months old. I just hate how quickly time is flying. How is it possible that he is already almost half a year old? Why does this first year just seem to go so quickly? Babies are my absolute favorite. I think its because they are just so small and cuddly and I love physical touch so having them close to me and getting to snuggle them is my absolute favorite. But man with each passing kid it just seems like the time goes faster and faster and all I want to do is snuggle up next to him and have him suck on my lip and love on me. But as most things in life he must get bigger and boy is he doing that!!

Its been another great month with him. He just makes every day a beautiful one, and its truly hard to be in a bad mood around him! He has a smile that will melt you, a calmness that I hope he always has. And man he just has the sweetest darn personality ever!!! 

Here are some of our monthly milestones.  

  • He is such a happy babe. He will look at you and just smile. Like MELT.YOU. smile. OMG it's seriously the best thing ever! He is so awesome! 
  • Just in the last week he has started to roll over a few times. I know it will come soon when he turns over every chance he gets. 
  • He prefers to sit up as opposed to laying down to "play" He will only lay down for a few minutes before he gets frustrated
  • He loves this new little seat I have, its called a "sit me up" and its sort of like a bumbo but WAY more secure. HE LOVES it. and we do too, he sits in a lot while we are trying to make dinner, or work on homework with the kids.
  • I was able to find this adorable Nemo jumperoo for him on marketplace and he isn't a huge fan of it :( All the other kiddos loved our old jumperoo but Adam threw it away when we moved. BOO, hopefully he will start to like it more, but who knows 
  • He still lays on the boppy lounger and loves to lay there while we make dinner and stuff. 
    • Though I do have to say that he almost tries to sit up, like he lunges his whole body forward! Crazy kid!!
  • He has had a bit of a sleep regression this month and is only sleeping 6-8 hours before waking for a feed. Luckily he will feed and go back to sleep for 4-6 more hours but dang. 
    • He is also still in our room, and I'm in no hurry to have him leave but I am starting to wonder if he needs a more peaceful environment to sleep in that doesn't have his siblings constantly coming in or alarms going off or Adam and I waking up early to get ready.
    • He is somewhat taking a solid 2-3 naps per day. usually a shorter one in the morning, a 2ish hour one in the afternoon and will nap for 45 min to an hour on me in the evenings. Usually when I breastfeed him around 6ish he falls asleep 
  • I weighed him on my scale and he's about 15.5 lbs--still a little thing!!!
  • He is in size 3-6 month clothes
    • With him being on the smaller side he is able to wear a lot of the boys clothes so it's been fun having him wear some of my favorites from the boys
    • He's in size 2 diapers
    • He is still exclusively breastfed, he really isn't showing a lot of signs of wanting to try solid foods. 
    • He doesn't need to be held as much, we don't use a carrier near as often and he's getting pretty good at the hip hold :)
    • He has a few toys he seems to really like and will "play with" and reach for them when we give them to him
      • his favorite is pearl from Finding nemo (the pink octopus)
    • He is so easy and go with the flow, he obviously goes with us everywhere and is so good!! He will rarely fuss when we are at one of the kids games and is just super easy going!!! 
    • We did all the fall things and he was a champ!
      • We did the pumpkin train, zoo boo, childrens museum haunted house and we went to Newfields for their harvest fest. 
    • He also celebrated his first Halloween
      • Its official ALL 5 living Chafin babes have been a cow for their first halloweens!!! My bestie got me this adorable cow costume when I had lincoln (Linc was 3 weeks old his first Halloween) and obviously Landon wore it too. Then Lola was so small she fit into it as well. Lynlie was only 6 weeks old and was able to wear it too. And since Levi is on the smaller size he was able to wear it too! I love the tradition and that they were all able to wear it!! 
    Levi is just awesome. I seriously feel like we hit the baby jackpot!! I mean all of my babies were good, but he's like extra good...its my toddlers that are the challenge LOL

    Here are our monthly photos!















    Here is our weekly photos


    eighteen weeks 10.13.21

    eighteen weeks 10.13.21

    nineteen weeks 10.20.21
    nineteen weeks 10.20.21
    twenty weeks 10.27.21

    twenty weeks 10.27.21

    twenty-one weeks 11.3.21
    twenty-one weeks 11.3.21

    We also did family pictures this month and they are amazing so I have to share!!!!











    These babies are just such a blessing and I'm so freaking lucky they are mine!!! Love love love them!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment