Background

Monday, January 19, 2015

20 Weeks with the Twins

Week of January 8th 2015
January 14th 2015
20 weeks 6 days


How Far Along? 20 weeks, for a normal pregnancy we're half way!

Due Date:  May 28th, though I'm just hoping to get to May


Total weight gain/loss: I haven't been good about weighing myself but I think I'm up 15. 

Maternity Clothes? The best darn things money can buy/make

Stretch Marks? None that are new. 

Sleep?  What is that? I sleep for a few hours, then I have to turn which is a whole process so I wake up, and then have to attempt to fall back asleep. My arms and hands have been falling asleep while I sleep which wakes me up, making my life harder. 

Best Moment of this Week? I got offered a part time position on my unit!! I'm so thrilled about this. I hope to be able to work until the girls are born at full time hours, but with my sleep going the way it is, it's been harder and harder for me to keep up, and with our new management system at work, you have to apply and do all this crap just to switch FTE's so it's a huge weight off my shoulders knowing that once these babies are born I only have to come back at part time hours. However it will be quite stressful when/if she puts me on limited duty bc I can't pick up extra. 

Another good moment this week was my ultrasound to check on our little loves. The only bad part about this was learning that our Laynie girl is at what they call a significant weight discordance. The cut off for the weight discordance is 20% and she is at 25%. I have to say this hit me pretty hard and I was rather depressed for a few days because of it. The doctor told me that there was nothing we could do at this point and that they would just continue to monitor her more closely. But its all so sad and scary. I don't know how other people feel but when something goes wrong with a baby that you're carrying inside you, you can't help but feel a little guilty and feel like you're doing something wrong. Now in my limited medical knowledge head, I know this is not true and that none of this is my fault and that there are things going on here that are out of my control, I still can't help but feel otherwise. But I'm trying to stay positive and I think I may just write a post completely dedicated to this, because this has been very hard on me. 
Baby A -- Lorelai
Baby B -- Laynie
Lorelai
Laynie

Movement? YES!!!! I love and cherish every kick! I haven't been able to time Adam being home and them kicking to have him try an feel. not that he will want to anyway. 

Food cravings? nope

Food aversions? nope

Gender? We found out via our ultrasound that they are for sure girls. I have a huge reel of pictures from their scan and I got my money shots that I was hoping for. And all looks good with both girls!

Labor Signs? Not sure if I would classify it as labor signs, but definitely feeling the contractions more and more depending on my position. 

Belly Button In or Out? Still in thank goodness!

What I miss? just sleep

What I am looking forward to: Just getting closer and closer to viability and getting to meet these precious babies. I also have and OB visit Friday that I'm very much looking forward to, so I can get her take on all thats going on. She has such a wonderful way of easing my mind and making me feel better! Best Doctor ever!

Size of the Baby:






Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch
.






No comments:

Post a Comment