But that being said I figured I should try to get a 10 month post in before he turns 11 months this upcoming weekend.
I know I say this every month but he is just a little gem. He is perfect in every way, he is so much fun and I just can't imagine my life without him. Considering how difficult he was in the beginning with his colic and all that, he is an absolute breeze now. I actually enjoy his little cries and meltdowns.
I hope one day he realizes how much I truly do love and how some days just looking at him and realizing he is my beautiful baby boy that I've wanted since I was so young brings tears to my eyes.
Nothing prepared me for what motherhood would be like and nothing prepared me for the amount of love that you would have for your child. I know that in previous posts I wrote about how that love wasn't exactly love at first sight and it didn't come entirely easy to me, but now I really can't imagine what my life would be like without this little man.
His 10 month accomplishments:
- He crawls EVERYWHERE!
- He pulls up on EVERYTHING!
- My mother has taught him to climb the stairs...although we are still working on coming down them
- His smile and giggle are heartwarming and beautiful
- He has 3 teeth, 2 on bottom and 1 on top, he looks like a goober with only 3 teeth, but hes working on his second top tooth, hopefully it will come in soon!
- He loves music, he bounces and almost dances to music
- My mom has always sung him the song "bushel and a peck" since he was an infant and surprisingly it always calmed him down. Well I finally downloaded it and there is a veggietales version and he LOVES it. It's my go to when he is fussy and inconsolable. he immediately smiles and his attitude changes and is a happy kid once again...thanks mom.
- he loves food, all food, any food, all the time, he is like a bottomless pit and every time you're eating, he thinks he should be eating, even if you just fed him.
- I am still breast feeding him. He still gets fed by me about every 3-4 hours, but I'm trying to wean him down a little bit, so he only had 3-4 feedings a day
- He now eats table food twice a day...we need to work up to 3 meals a day
- He really loves all veggies, and since he has never eaten out of a jar, I'm not really sure what I should be giving him, so instead some of his favorites are sweet potato fries, peas and carrots.
- He is eating more and more on his own. I tend to let him feed himself but Adam doesn't like to because it takes longer and he makes a mess...this is true but how will he learn? I'm working on it...
- He is eating more and more meats, although those are harder for him to "chew" so he tends to hoard those on the roof of his mouth unless you sort of puree it. Beef is actually really easy for him to eat especially in the form of a hamburger because it can so easily be ground up and easy for him to swallow.
- He actually really likes fish. I usually make tilapia for him once a week and he loves it.
- He is becoming quite the talker, and while he still says mama, he now says dada too, but of course he doesn't know what he is saying and its not necessarily directed to either of us.
- he loves to play peak-a-boo
- He is becoming more and more interactive with his toys.
- He loves bath time and being in the water. He gets mad when we take him out.
- He HATES to have his diaper changed...i don't understand this. I just keep telling him I would be a bad mom if I let him sit in his own poop or pee...he doesn't quite understand that...
- He HATEs to put clothes on or take them off. he literally will almost buck himself off the changing table.
- We are working on NO, and discipline. Obviously he is still a bit little to understand all of it, but I try to tell him and no and redirect him when he is doing something he shouldn't, like trying to pull at and take out my night lights that are in the hallways. it doesn't always work but sometimes I think he sort of understands it.
Here are his 10 month pictures. These were really hard to do since he doesn't want to sit still anymore and tries to get up all the time...
We love you little boy!