Background

Thursday, September 27, 2012

11 months old

the time has come once again to have an update on mr. Lincoln. It's hard to believe he is 11 months old. In fact I've been quite emotional about the whole thing. I think I cry once or twice a week about it and pretty much anytime anyone says how big he is and how much he is growing. I just can't help it, i can't believe he is nearly 1!

I've always wanted to be a mom and I was just waiting for the day that it would happen. I hated being in school because it made me put off being a mom for 3 years. When we finally got pregnant I was thrilled and while pregnancy and the first few weeks/months of Lincoln's life didn't go quite as planned, having him in my life has enriched it is so many ways.

He truly is one amazing little boy and I sometimes find myself just watching him having feelings of being so blessed almost overcome me. He has just brought so much light into my life and made everyone in his life so happy. He truly has such a beautiful soul and is an amazing little boy.

Milestones this month:


  • He still isn't walking, but he walks across furniture and he walks when we hold his hands...I need to get him a toy to walk behind maybe that will help, though i'm not in any hurry for it!
  • He is such a happy baby. Rarely in a bad mood, always smiling at everyone
  • He has started to get a little shy about things, and clinging to me when people try to hold him
  • We are working on the word no. I truly think he understands when I'm saying it, but he continues to try me and challenge me. Sometimes he does listen though
  • I think he is starting to know his name
  • He says mamamamama, and dadadadadad but not necessarily to either one of us. 
  • He loves to "sing" and "talk" he is extremely loud! 
  • He does a great job of playing on his own and keeping himself entertained. 
  • We are still working on the weaning from breast  feeding. He now typically only had 3-4 feedings a day
  • He loves to eat table food
  • He is a bottomless pit most of the time
  • He has 4 teeth with the 5th one working its way through
  • He typically sleeps 10-13 hrs a night, and will take anywhere from 2 1-2 hour naps or just 1 3 hour nap
  • He is the easiest baby when it comes to naps, he can either take one, or not, so long as he can cat nap (10-20 min) a couple times a day he never really gets too cranky.
  • He is in 18-24 month clothing, I feel like he really has grown in the last month
We love our little man so much, and I can't believe in less than a month he will be 1. Our lives have been so enriched by him and we feel so blessed...

In honor of football season here are his 11 month pictures :)















No comments:

Post a Comment