Background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our ONE year old

In true form I'm a little late in posting this, but out baby boy is ONE!!! In a lot of ways I can't believe it's been a year, but in other ways I can't imagine what my life was without him so it seems that he's been with us forever.

When I think back to where we were 1 year ago, I truly feel that people are nuts when they say the pain of labor fades and you forget all about that. Well I strongly disagree. i still remember all the pains and endless feelings I had over those 25 hours of my life! But other than that, I remember the joy, panic, and excitement over finally having our little one.

Adam and I had wanted a baby for so long, and due to other circumstances in our lives we had to put those dreams on hold for a few years. But waiting to have kids was a necessary thing but also extremely worth the wait. I've never felt so fullfilled, and had so much joy in my life.


Lincoln truly is a blessing. He is so much fun, he is always happy and I often find myself just watching him. I could watch him for hours. 

Milestones this month
  • He got his first haircut on his actual birthday
  • He is still only crawling, though he has taken a step or two here and there, he's just not interested in walking and I'm OK with that, keeps him a baby for longer
  • He stands a lot on his own. 
  • He walks around things, mainly furniture. 
  • He examines every toy and object for a few minutes before he plays with them
  • I bought him a new carseat for my dad's car, but we still use the pumpkin seat in my car (they are expensive things!)
  • He does great playing by himself, I'm often able to just set him down and he plays with his toys for a little while, so that I can get some things done around the house. 
  • He is becoming a little bit of a picky eater. He will spit things out more and more but we keep trying
  • He LOVES banana's. I'm convinced they are his favorite
  • We've introduced him to goldfish and he likes those too, maybe a little too much
  • He still nurses twice a day. I really want to wean him but I'm afraid he is dehydrated so until he gets better at the sippy cup, we will continue to nurse
  • He went to his first PURDUE football game, it was a bit of a challenge but he had fun
  • He still sleeps between 10-14 hours at night
  • He will take anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hour naps, depending on how early he gets up. but he needs at least a couple 20 minute naps to get him through the day
  • He loves bath time and I swear could spend his whole day in there
  • He thinks he helps me fold laundry by taking my already folded clothes and throwing them on the ground ;)

At his doctor appointment:
  • He was 31.5 inches long
  • He's in the 90th percentile
  • He was 23 lbs
  • He was in the 50th percentile
so In total of his first year
  • He grew 10 inches
  • He gained 15 lbs
Here are a few pictures from our last photo session! :)












I love my little boy so much and can't wait to have many more just like him :) :)

Happy FIRST birthday to my beautiful baby BOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment