Background

Friday, June 29, 2012

8 Months...way late

So time gets away from me on a regular basis but it hasn't been this bad in a long time. I have been picking up a lot of overtime again and time has just flown by. I keep meaning to sit down and write this post, but when I have time off, there is always something more fun to do...

Well his 7th into 8th month brought a lot of changes to our household. Writing this now when he is 8 and half months, his 7th to 8th month was the last one where he was really a baby.  He grows more and more sweet everyday, Adam and I feel so blessed to have such a sweet and good natured child. He brings so much joy to everyone he is around and it always full of smiles, giggles and adorablness.

He is the light of our life and I can't even remember what life was like without him. And while with all this overtime I've been working has made my time with him limited he has been so much fun in the limited amount of time I do get to spend with him. But hopefully the overtime will come to an end here soon...

Here are his milestones, which I will keep to what he accomplished only on his 8th month.


  • First and foremost he became mobile by learning to CRAWL! 
  • This was precipitated by him learning to sit up on his own, I went into get him up from his nap one day and he was sitting there looking at me, about a week later he crawled. 
  • He will grab at objects and immediately bring to him mouth
  • His toys have become little things to explore, he will hold them and intently look at every part, I swear it's like he's trying to figure out how they all work. 
  • He will get mad if you try to take away whats in his hands, he doesn't like when you take his toys away
  • He loves to play peak-a-boo. I put a blanket over his head and he will pull it down. it's the cutest little smile ever. 
  • He is a babbling mess...he is so talkative. He will just sit there and talk to himself and scream and yell all the while with a huge smile on his face.
  • He said "mama" but obviously in distinctively so I dont' think it counts. 
  • I've had him in 9 month clothing since March and have been a little too cheap to buy bigger stuff, but they were so tight on him that I started to put some 12 month stuff on him and they were even small....
  • He is growing at a rapid rate it feels like. He was around 19lbs when I weighed him myself. 
  • I feed him solid food once sometimes twice a day...I'm not quite ready to give up breastfeeding...
  • HE loves Pea, squash, avocado and sweet potato. I've started giving him fruits but he is not a fan. 
  • He loves loves loves the water. He could sit in his bath for hours! and the pool, he is loves it there too, he's not affected by extremely cold water either which is really nice, he just wants to be in the water. 
  • Naps are getting better. somedays he won't take any and others he will sleep the whole day.
  • He sleeps through the night on an almost regular basis, usually only waking once a week or something before 5 am. He goes down around 8 and will sleep until 5 or 6 for a feeding then sleep more until around 9. :) 
  • He is such a smiley happy baby, he is so much fun to be around because he is so happy all the time. He is rarely fussy or in a bad mood, and if he is its because he is tired. 
While these are the big things he's accomplished, I'm sure there were many many more...this is what I get for waiting so long to write this.
Here are pictures from his so cute photoshoot. It was early in the morning because I worked the night before and I needed to sleep during the day because I worked that night as well. 

mom...it's a little early for this..

cute face!

I'm tired mom 

There's my happy boy

HI mom!!!

Love him

I can eat you

he does weird things with his tongue 

Relaxed baby

cheesin 
a little too big for the lamb seat, but i still have to get my picture on it.

:)

cutie

and we're done

No comments:

Post a Comment