Background

Friday, June 3, 2022

Lincoln is DOUBLE DIGITS

Man oh man do I feel old!! I officially have a kid that is in double digits. This means I've been doing this parenting thing for a decade! WHAT!!!! its so hard to believe that Lincoln is 10. I don't know where the last decade went but somehow we have made it here. I have and continue to cherish everyday being this kids mama. 

Everywhere we go I am complimented on how amazing Lincoln is. It's one thing to think as mom that your kid is wonderful (which I obviously do, and all of his siblings) but it's a whole other thing when others see your kid the way you do. Lincoln is kind, sweet and just overall genuinely good. His goodness is so pure and he is a true joy to be around. He wants to do well and be helpful in all he does. He continues to be my right hand man and helps me whenever and wherever I need. I pinch myself everyday when I think about how lucky I am to be this kids mama.

Lincoln,

You are just a gem. I feel so lucky to say that you're my kid. How did I get so lucky to call you my kid? You have a heart that is just so kind and so sweet. You are loving, sweet and kind.  You have a determination to be good that I love to just watch. You are my right hand kid and it has never been more apparent than this year as you have helped me so much with your siblings while I have had to tend to Levi. 

You have a true love of sports. You love to watch and play them. You are getting better and better at them too. Its truly been so fun to watch you grow in your confidence with each sport you play, your favorites currently being football, basketball and lacrosse. 

You love to help out in the kitchen, helping me out almost nightly with everything from peeling potatoes, browning meat, or even frying chicken. You have even made spaghetti while I tended to your siblings with little help other than to drain the noodles. 

You are so wonderful and although there is starting to be a little preteenage angst and I'm not looking forward to what comes ahead, I will cherish all the extra snuggles and love you give me now. I'm truly so lucky your'e mine!! 

4th Grade...what???


DOUBLE DIGITS!




Your humor is just like mine. We recreated one of our favorite pictures of you from when you were a baby. 


THE BEST big brother ever. 




Lincoln if there is one way to describe you and it truly is that you are just good. You have a goodness about you that is just absolutely wonderful. I would give anything to go back in time and relive the last 10 years, not because I want to change anything, I just want to experience it again. These last 10 years with you have been everything I could have ever dreamed of and more. Please always remember how much I love you and you love me and continue to love us and be such an active part of our family. We love you so much bub!

Love Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment