Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Landon is EIGHT!!!

 Wow oh wow, my baby (well I guess not technically anymore) boy is EIGHT!!! I just looked back and it looks like I posted his yearly post last year at this same time....well i'm nothing if not consistent. 😉 

I can't believe another year has gone by with my "baby boy" I don't know why but I have such a hard time with the fact that Landon gets older. He is just so different from who he was as a 2-3 year old. He still has his zest for life and this beautiful way he looks at the world but he's also just so different. In a lot of ways his personality changed but he still has this unbelievably sweet soul that I just can't get enough of. 

I really miss Landon being small. He was such my little buddy. He loved me so fiercely and was always by my side. He still loves me but he also is more independent which of course is a good thing but I still miss my little boy. I think just overall I am struggling with these kids getting bigger and the fact that they won't need me.

Landon,

I really can't believe you're EIGHT!! You are one of the sweetest souls there ever was. You make my heart soar with pride and happiness everyday. You have a deep love for your family and God and it makes me so proud to see you grow in your faith. 

You don't tend to love to do work around the house, you'd much rather be playing on your tablet or a phone you undoubtably stole from someone. You love your video games more than anything. You don't seem to have a love for trains like you used to. You have traded that obsession with anything world war related, both WWI and WWII. You can recite facts about both wars that is just astonishing. 

This year you have finally started sleeping on your own. I say that lightly because although you don't come into my room every night and you don't require your dad or I to be next to you every night, you do sleep next to Lorelai nearly every night, and if its not Lola it's Lincoln. You definitely do not like sleeping alone and at least you have an abundance of siblings to allow that to happen. 

You remain a pretty picky eater. I look forward to the day that you will stop judging food by the look of it and at least try it with an open mind. But you're slowly getting better. 

You truly have such an amazingly positive outlook on almost everything. It takes a lot to get you down and even when that does happen you bounce back fairly quickly. You make life so much more fun because you have such a wonderful way of looking at it. You truly are and amazing little boy. 

starting 2nd grade!!!


EIGHT YEARS OLD







This emulates Landon perfectly!







such an amazing big brother




My birthday boys!!!


Landon you are such a gem! I'm so grateful you are ours. You have a light and zest for life that is unmatched. You are so much fun! You test me regularly and make me question everything but I always come out a better mama and person because of you. The way you look at life is truly a gift and I wish everyone had just a little bit of your confidence and outlook. This world is a better place because of you! I'm so proud to be your mama!! 

Love you my sweet boy! Happy 8th birthday!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment