Background

Friday, March 20, 2015

24 Weeks with the Girls

Week of February 5th 

How Far Along? 24...we've made it to viability!!!! yay!

Due Date:  May 28th

Total weight gain/loss: not a clue

Maternity Clothes? most certainly 

Stretch Marks? No new ones

Sleep?  It's been a really hard week. We were told at my u/s on Tuesday (I was 23 weeks 5 days) that Laynie's cord blood flow was absent. We had Dr. Conover which i've never been a huge fan of, bc he always seems like he's in a hurry to go somewhere else. But He told us that basically we are going to lose her, and there is a high probability that in doing so will kill her sister, due to the pressure changes in their placenta that come with that. Adam and I are so scared. We are begging for prayers. We also had an ultrasound today and there was no real change in the flow of her cord, and he seemed much more positive today about it...we saw the same doctor...to be honest we are a little confused as to why he was so negative and then today he was so much more positive, but we've decided to take the good with the bad and focus on the good to get us through the weekend. I also had my glucose test and met with my OB. She is just so amazing and always makes me feel more at ease. She also put me on limited duty so I'll just be in the nursery instead of taking a patient load. they don't feel like being on bed rest or anything will do anything to help them.  But we were also officially diagnosed as IUGR with the added complication of AEDF (absent end diastolic flow). I'm praying so hard to just get these babies to 28 weeks. We were told today that even though they are "viable" that Laynie is just too small to intubate. She's only 380 grams and they usually need to be at least 500 to have the appropriate equipment to intubate them. And if we delivered now, Lorelai has a 60% chance of survival and will has a high probability of having some sort of brain damage. and Laynie only has a 10% chance of survival. So we need to pray we can get them bigger!

Best Moment of this Week?  I can't really say that there has been much good this week. I'm just grateful to still be pregnant. 

Movement? yes!  

Food cravings? no

Food aversions? nope

Gender? Girls

Labor Signs?  still the same. 

Belly Button In or Out? Still in 

What I miss? not feeling scared all the time. 

What I am looking forward to: Just continuing being pregnant. We've moved to twice weekly ultrasounds so we will get to see them more often. But this is all so nerve wracking. Overtime I don't feel them move for awhile I get scared that something has happened. But we have to put our faith in God and pray for them!

Size of the Baby:













Baby's now the size of a papaya!





Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.


No comments:

Post a Comment