Background

Friday, May 9, 2014

Easter Blessings

Since I've been so good about keeping updated on our holiday posts...haha I feel like since I have a little extra time today I might as well write about our Easter. It was a wonderful weekend spent with almost all the people we love (my sister was the only one who we missed {Chicago is icky; as Lincoln says})

Friday night I got to spend the evening with my best friends and their hubbys and babies! I have two amazing friends whom I've been friends with since we were like 10! One lives here close in town and the other moved to California a few years ago, she had a baby back in December and this was the first time we've been able to meet her precious little boy! We had decided to surprise the one who lives here in town with a little birthday celebration, since she was leaving for a vacation the next day on her birthday! It was a wonderful night spent with people who mean so much to me. I'd post a picture but not everyone is comfortable with their pictures being online, so I'm respecting that :) But it was a great night spent with our husbands and little loves! (3 boys!)

Later that evening, Adams parents came up, Adam's dad recently got a new job where he doesn't have to work weekends!!! So they can come up and hang out with their beautiful grandkids more often!! This is such a blessing considering Adam works every saturday and I usually work fridays and sundays so it makes it hard for us to go visit them!

Saturday was a wonderful day spent together. We went grocery shopping, cleaned up the yard and had a great dinner with both my parents and Adam's parents. It was so nice getting all of us together!! Adam's mom and Dad also colored Easter Eggs with Lincoln and he loved it!








After Egg coloring; we let Lincoln roll out his the noodles. It was really very cool to see him doing this and having Adam's mom there since it was her family's recipe; sort of like a passing of the torch with a family recipe. Precious! 

Sunday (Easter) Adam and I got our kids up early (5:30) so we could go to 6:30 mass. Then we came home and put the boys back down for naps, and began to prepare our Easter feast. We had made noodles the day before, so we began to prep those, we prepped our turkey for deep frying and working on the mashed potatoes and green beans! Everything was soooo good and once again my parents came over to enjoy the dinner with all of us!





















After dinner, Adam's brother Andrew came over with their baby girl Quinn. They didn't stay super long, but the boys got some good time with their cousin!





Over all the weekend was a wonderful one that made me honestly a little sad I work every weekend, but at the same time it really made me appreciate the time we all spent together.

We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family that loves our boys so much! We couldn't have asked for a better Easter together!




Long overdue post; but better late than never! 

No comments:

Post a Comment