Background

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Two months Old

I know I'm undoubtably late in writing this...I guess when you're good at something you should stick to it, mine is clearly writing my posts late.

My little Lando-man is two months old. I had wanted to wait to write this post until his 2 month appointment which was monday, so I guess I'm not all that late. :)

As another month has passed I still find it hard to wrap my head around being a mom of two beautiful and healthy boys. God's blessings never cease to amaze me. I find myself wondering all the time...how did I get so lucky to have been chosen to be the mom of both Lincoln and Landon.

As Landon has gotten older it's become more and more apparent that he is the easier of my two children. Both as a baby and now. As a baby he is easy peasy. He sleeps A LOT (a true Chafin at that) and eats well and is growing like a weed.

I'm so glad that he is such an easy baby because compared to his brother he's the easy one. Lincoln has hit the terrible twos and loves to throw tantrums making me want to pull my hair out especially when he starts screaming as Landon is falling asleep, but I wouldn't trade these moments for anything. As I bathe the boys it makes me sad that these are days I will never truly get back. As they grown they will want me less and less and become more independent and even as a grandparent you don't get to enjoy the little things of them giggling at you as you put lotion on them, or change their diaper. These are the sweet moments that I love more than life. Where the bonding happens and the times that I cherish most of all.

Today I'm feeling very grateful for all the blessings I have in my life. One of which is that my best friend is in school to be a physical therapist and her favorite concentration happens to be peds. We got to spend a few days with her this week and she had noticed that while Landon will look both ways he significantly favors his right side. He doesn't love to look to the left. Which is why feeding him on the left side can be such a challenge at times! She said he has the start of torticollis. Which is also know as wry neck, which is defined as an asymmetrical head or neck position. She said this most likely happened in utero. While his head is perfectly symmetrical and he has no flat spots yet, if not corrected early on it could lead to this. She's given us a few therapy treatments and exercise to help prevent it from getting worse and to help strengthen the left side of his head. I swear when she said it I felt so relieved and it was like a light bulb went off. Hopefully with some daily exercises and work he will be back on track in no time!!

For his second month here are a few of his milestones.

  • He is sleeping a lot like I said, but now it's more of a schedule. He usually goes to bed around 10:30-11:30 and then will sleep until 7 or 8 depending on when he went down. That's 9 whole hours! Doctor said he is quite advanced in the sleep category (this is typical of a 4-6 month old)
  • He naps a lot, but his good naps are about 10/11 in the morning for about 45 min to an hour and then in the afternoon around 2 he will sleep for about 2 hours! 
  • The jury is still out about bath time. Sometimes he love it sometimes he doesn't
  • He is so smiley!! he smiles all the time
  • He has started to giggle! I finally got a video of it the other day. Baby laughs are the best
    • he also squeals in delight
  • He is still exclusively breastfed, but I'm trying to get better at giving him bottles. 
    • he seems to need it warmer than I thought 
    • He eats every 3-4 hours during the day, sometimes every 2...doctor said this too was advanced for his age but given he is gaining weight he's not concerned. 
  • He's not all that fond of tummy time, but he does better if I use a small boppy type pillow under him. But we do do it on my chest and he does a lot better with that. 
    • He does lift his head to a 45 almost 90 degrees though when he does it
  • He will sit in the bumbo for a short period of time
  • He will sit on my hip and be able to hold his head up
  • He still loves to be held and Adam and I use either the moby or the ergo almost daily with him to do things in the evening
  • He is the happiest baby in the morning. usually giving me about an hour or so of smiles and laughs. 
  • He is beginning to like his play yard for a little while. 
  • He still loves his swing and his rock n play (lifesavers for newborns!)
  • When he is tired he is GROUCHY! There is NO pleasing him and he's kind of a pain!
He is growing like a weed! I can't even believe it!
  • He's 24.5 inches
  • He's 85% in height
  • He's 13 lbs 5 oz
  • He's 75% for weight


All in all these last 2 months have been amazing. I love my little so much. This next month is going to be quite fun too with his first christmas and getting ready for his first plane ride and first vacation (we leave for mexico on his 3 month birthday!)

Here are some pictures from his 2 month photo shoot







love this kid so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment