Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

So Blessed

I am writing this on February 7, 2013. I wanted to get all my feelings down on paper even though I know I won't be posting this for a few weeks.

For the past few days I've felt sort of weird. I've been extra emotional, I've felt queazy, tired and had a lot of joint and hip pain. And to top it off I'm about 8 days late. I was talking to girls at work and they were convinced I was pregnant. I still wasn't too sure but then again I don't like to get my hopes up for things that may not happen. After all we've been trying for almost 8 months even though I was breastfeeding for 6 of those.

But after a lot of prompting by Adam, Lincoln and I went for a little car ride today. We first went to chic-fil-a because honestly I'm so tired that I don't feel like cooking yet another grilled cheese and I wanted something different. I taught Lincoln to use the dipping Ketchup and that was priceless!! Love it!

After that we went to Meijer because he needed some more milk and I decided to buy a pregnancy test. I bought the same one that I took when I found out I was pregnant with Lincoln. I called Adam and he told me to take it even though he is out of town and can't be here with me.

I got home and took the test and while the hour glass was going, I went outside and shut the door to call adam. He told me I needed to look at it and take a picture to tell him. Well I decided to take a video of Lincoln and I finding it out.

Honestly I was SHOCKED that it truly said PREGNANT. Even though deep down I really knew I was, I was afraid to truly believe it because what if I was wrong and my hopes were up and it wasn't true? But to our delight we are pregnant with Baby Chafin #2!!! Funnily enough, according to my ovulation schedule I'm actually due on Lincoln's second birthday!!! Apparently January is a good month for us!!

So now begins my weekly pregnancy updates!!! :) I hope I can keep up like I did when I was pregnant with Lincoln!!

We are so excited to make Lincoln a big brother!!! I've already been thinking of ways to let our families know!! AHHH I don't know when or how I'm going to tell them or keep this to myself for much longer!!!

**Update 3/23/13
As it turned out I decided to buy a tshirt on etsy that said Cutest Big Brother to be on it. I ordered it on a sunday, knowing that my ultrasound was on Thursday. Thinking we would have it by the weekend so we could tell my parents. I contacted the seller and she ensured me that she would mail it in enough time....well she lied. She didn't mail it until friday...the day we were going to tell my parents. RUDE

So instead I decided not to wait any longer and I had Lincoln "hand" them the ultrasound picture telling them that we had to go to the doctor the day before and they found something they should see...They were Thrilled!!! and a bit shocked! but are over the moon to be grandparents again.

We wanted to tell Adam's parents in person so they were to come visit for his birthday yesterday and we had Lincoln wear his shirt (which didn't arrive until the monday after the seller told me...uggg) and after being here for about 20 minutes and not noticing, partly because Linc was a bit shy, I told them Lincoln wanted to show them his shirt...I swear Adam's mom almost cried. (God I love her for that, her pure enjoyment about being a Grandma again is so incredibly moving).

After telling them we decided to take the news public by posting on facebook so extended family and such could share in our joy. I have to say I am completely overwhelmed by the love and support we have received with our news. It's truly humbling! Thank you to everyone who has supported us. We love you all for it.



Stephanie



1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting AND the best news I've heard all day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete