Background

Monday, May 7, 2012

6 months old...a little late


I can’t believe that as I am writing this my baby boy is almost 7 months old.  The month of April went by way too fast. So fast that I never really got a chance to sit down and write about his 5th into 6th month.

Lincoln is still changing daily and acquiring new skills each and every day. It is the greatest gift to get to see him learn these new things; it makes me incredibly grateful that I am able to be home with him 4 days a week. I honestly don’t know how people who work 5 days a week do it. I would be so depressed and feel like I’m missing out on my child’s life.  I just wish we were at a point where I only had to work part time which would only be 2 days a week…damn you sallie mae!...

Well at his 6 month appointment Lincoln got rave reviews, he even sat up and laid on his Tummy for his doctor!! He was quite impressed since at his 4 month appointment Lincoln threw a fit when he tried to get him to lay on his stomach.

Here is a list of his highlights, I am going to try to remember what he accomplished at the 6 month mark and not beyond that.
  • He sleeps about 8-9 hours regularly at night, only to wake up to eat then sleep another 3-4 ;) He goes down around 8:30-10 and then will sometimes sleep until 9 or 10 am the next day (with the morning feeding) Love having a child on my sleep schedule!!
  • He had not started solids yet, and was breastfeeding about every 3 hours consistently while awake.
  • Although he hasn’t started solids yet, he is growing increasingly interested in our foods as we eat, in fact if you were to drink anything around him he would GRAB it almost out of your hand!!!
  • Everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes into his mouth! Being a nurse this is the most nerve wracking thing ever. I am constantly wondering when I last washed things because of all the germs that I could potentially bring into the house!
  • He loves the outdoors! If he’s fussy I just take him outside and he immediately calms down.
  • He is all smiles all the time. He is rarely fussy, if he is it’s because he’s tired, hungry or needs a diaper change.
  • He is most interested in our drinks, and I’ve been trying to get him to drink from a sippy cup, but haven’t been that successful yet. All I put in it is water, but he still seems most interested in “chewing” on it than anything else.
  • Bath time is becoming more of a challenge. He doesn’t love showers anymore and is too big for the infant tub. I tried to put him in the bumbo and that seemed to be a little better…then I just put him directly in the tub with a small amount of water and that seemed to be the best.
  • He has finally mastered the rolling over multiple times. Although he has been rolling over for a couple months, it was  usually only once or twice. Now he rolls multiple times on his mat, but its usually just back and forth.
  • He does this move that I have termed the superman where he pulls his legs and arms up so he is just on his belly then he will pull himself to a new direction. 
  • He actually LIKES tummy time now. For so long I dreaded tummy time and honestly didn’t do it that often, now he will lay on his tummy playing for around a half hour or so!
  • He still loves his jumperoo. It’s my no fail, go to when I need to get things done around the house!
  • He has started to sit up. It's more of a tripod thing where he has his legs out then his hands in the middle and it doesn't happen for long periods of time, but he still does it for a few minutes at least. 
  • I’ve started putting him in his highchair just to get him accustomed to it, so when we would start feedings he will more ready for it. I just put some toys on the tray and let him play.
  • He is amazing in the car! He falls asleep almost every time he is in there! Its so nice when I have somewhere to go and I know he is tired, I know he can get at least a 30 minute nap.
  • Nap times are the devil. He rarely takes them. I’m lucky if I get a 30 minute nap a couple times a day. He will not sleep longer than that unless we are in the car. Plus putting him down for a nap is like torture and breaks my heart. It’s so obvious he is tired but will scream and cry for like 20 minutes, then when he finally does fall asleep he’s only asleep for 30 minutes. Its exhausting me at times 
  • He has started to rub his eyes when he is tired...so freaking cute!
  • He had his first non well visit doctor appointment. He had this weird rash on his head and couple places on this neck and body, I called the doc and they wanted me to bring him in. I had to give him a steroid cream to get rid of it. But its gone!
  • He is still "babbles" all the time, when reading the books I'm not sure if it's the syllables they say it is but he makes a lot of noise and giggles and "sings" so I'm sure it has to be along the same lines. 
  • When you talk to him he will occasionally turn his head when you say his name...


I’m sure I’m missing some milestones especially since I waited so long to write this. Hopefully I’ll get better next month. But it’s so hard to find the time when I have to go back and forth between my house and my parents house (they watch little man while I work and Adam is out of town).

He also had his 6 month check up and did great with it!
  • He weight 17 lbs 3 oz
  • He is in the 40% for weight.
  • He was 27 ½ inches long
  • He is in the 75% for length.

**I think she miss-measured him because once she left I got him to be 28 inches…but oh well :) 

Ok and here is his monthly photo shoot. This photo shoot more than ever do I feel like he is a mini me. For those that think he looks like Adam, I'm sorry but no he just doesn't. 











This photo shoot was on Easter sunday and I had worked the night before and we were at my parents house all day so it took place around 9:30 pm and he was beyond tired...this was the reasons for the crankiness. 

Well my baby boy, we love you more and more each day if that is even possible. Thank you for being such a ray of sunshine in this crazy life we have!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment