Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

4 Months Old

About a week and a half ago our little Linc man turned 4 months old. I wanted to wait until his 4 month appointment to do a post, and then life got hold and it took longer than I had anticipated.

It's hard to believe it's been 4 months, but I'm so happy we've gotten here! It's truly a gift getting to watch Lincoln grow. With every passing day I grow more and more in love with him. He is just absolutely wonderful! Being his mom is the greatest gift ever.

I do have to say that over the past month we've had our challenges and mostly it stems from me trying to figure out how to work nights and not feel so tired all the time. I'm trying to stay present in my time with him so that I don't feel like I blink and he's a teenager.

If it's possible Lincoln is becoming more and more fun. I just love spending as much time as possible with him and watching his little mind work as he plays and figures things out.

Here are a few of the highlights from this month:

  • He is all smiles most of the time. All I have to do is say his name and he gets a big grin across his face...talk about melting mommy's heart
  • He is obsessed with his hands. He is constantly chewing on his fingers...my dad is always quick to point out its more his left than right.
  • he still isn't a fan of tummy time but he is getting strong and can lift his head and chest off most of the time. 
  • If I put something in front of him he tries to grab at it and eventually it makes it to his mouth. 
  • He laughs, ALL THE TIME!
  • When I say his name, he searches for me. (to the point where I sometimes have to be quiet if others are holding him bc he wants mom...awesome feeling for mom :))
  • He continues to hold his head up all by himself.
  • I'm able put him on my hip to be held. though he tends to fall to one side after a while since his core isn't quite strong yet. 
  • He drools, and therefore blows 'raspberries'
  • He stands, obviously with me holding his hands, and he always looks so proud of himself. 
  • He can somewhat sit when helped, but not sit alone
  • He sings...mostly in the car... he just sits in the back and just talks and almost sings...next american idol ;)
  • He sleeps through the night...most nights usually around 10-13 hours
  • He still isn't a huge fan of bath time with mom
  • He still HATES to get dressed, really only when things are being pulled over his head
Lincoln is still exclusively breast fed and things are going well with that. I talked with his pediatrician and neither one of us think it's necessary at this time to start him on solids. I was extremely happy to hear this because I really wanted to wait until at least 6 months to start solids. I also learned that I don't HAVE to start solids at 6 months if I don't want to, so long as he is gaining weight and growing then I don't have to. YAY!

At this well visit he was weighed and measured so here are his stats:

  • He is 15 lbs 5 oz
  • He is 26 and 1/4 inches long
  • he is in the 90th percentile in height...go figure 
  • He has come up to the 75th percentile in weight :) still long and lean though!!
He also got some of his shots. Since we are doing somewhat of an alternative schedule he only got his DTaP/HBV/HIB and rotovirus. All of these shots he got at his 2 month appointment and did great with them. He pretty much just slept in my arms all day, I remember this because it was the day before I had to go back to work. So Obviously I thought it wouldn't be an issue. BOY WAS I WRONG!

After his shots we went to my aunt's house so she could snuggle him and I could sleep. Well when I woke up I noticed he was really hot. When we got home he was really sad. He was just grunting and moaning and breaking my heart. I took his temperature and he was 101.8! OMG I felt so bad for him. I gave him some tylenol and nursed him to sleep around 10pm. I was so worried about him, I didn't sleep well.

Well turns out he didn't think I should sleep either. He woke up at 2, 3, 4, 5 and finally at 6 I just brought him to bed with me before we were up at 7! which NEVER happens! Needless to say mom was TIRED that day! By the end of the next day he was feeling all better and I was relieved. Plus he let me sleep till 10:30!!! it was awesome.

I'm excited to see where the next month takes us and to see how much he grows and changes over the next month. Hopefully I will be able to find a balance into being mom and working. I love my little bean so much!!!

Here are some photos of his 4 month photo shoot!
















Mommy and Daddy love you Lincoln!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie!!! His hair is growing longer now. And I have to say, I am so jealous that he is sleeping so good for you! At almost 7 months, A is still up 2-6 times per night. I'm sure she'll be like her brothers and wait until almost a year old before sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete