Background

Monday, April 26, 2021

Lincoln is NINE

 My Sweet baby boy is a whole NINE years old. Its really crazy to me to think of him being that old. I swear it feels like I just had him but at the same time it feels like a whole lifetime has happened. Its hard to fathom and really put into words. I will forever remember him as my itty bitty little boy, its harder for me to remember how we got here and remember him at each age. But I'm going to try my best to write him a letter via this blog each year for his birthdays. I may try to go back and write them for the previous years but I don't know if I will be able to complete it so I don't want to commit to it ;)


Lincoln,

My dear sweet boy. What would I do without you? You gave me the best gift ever of being not only a mom for the first time but YOUR mom. Being your mom is the best, you are the best and I couldn't ask for a better son. This year has been a roller coaster. From your struggles with school and all the testing we have done to finally come to a diagnosis of ADD and putting you on the right medication that finally seems to help, to this global pandemic, you truly have taken it all in stride. 

During this pandemic you have really grown in your role as big brother, always helping where ever I need you, from helping clean up the house to just entertaining your sisters, you would even occasionally play dolls with them. 

But most of all this year you have just really matured and you are so fun! You are no longer this little child, you've really grown into a small human with his own thoughts on life. You still love all things sports, especially football and although you aren't the most aggressive you are really getting better and I am so proud of you. You've also learned to tolerate reading. Its still not your favorite thing but we've found a graphic novel that you will actually sit and read without being prompted. Thank you Dog Man!! You still love cub scouts and I love watching you grow in your confidence in the things you accomplish. 

Lincoln being your mom is such a blessing and I love every second of it. I'm truly so proud of you!! While I'm in no hurry for you to get older, I really do love watching you grow!!















Ok now That I've looked through these pictures, I'm an emotional wreck. You really are an amazing little person and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. But in the same breath I feel like you have grown up right before my eyes. I swear I don't know how we got here! I barely remember you as a small toddler or child and especially not a baby!!! But I know it happened, and I'm so grateful I got to witness it. Continue to shine that bright light of yours my love!!! You are amazing and we all love you so much!!!


Love, MOM 



No comments:

Post a Comment