Background

Monday, May 1, 2017

Lincoln is 5

OH my sweet Lincoln Robert Knox Chafin. How are you 5 (well closer to 5 1/2 now as I write this). You're a light and I love you so very much. You have blossomed into one of the most precious tiny humans.

This year you completed your first year of preschool and began your second year. I can't believe I've already registered you for Kindergarten! My heart is definitely going to hurt when you leave me EVERYDAY.

This year you have really grown into your role as BIG brother. You care so deeply at such a young age for your brother and your sisters. While you have your moments of being 5, mostly with your brother, you're quick to apologize and realize what you did was wrong. You're so good at sharing most of your toys with Landon, and you're an amazing big brother to Lorelai.  You are most definitely her fiercest protector and are always looking out for her and finding ways to help her if she needs you.

The bond you share with Landon is something I truly feel blessed to witness, you two are kindred souls with your love of all things trains, trucks and construction equipment. You two play so nicely together and most of the time are two peas in a pod.

The bond you share with Lorelai is something that brings tears to my eyes. To be able to witness what unconditional love is through the eyes of a 5 year old is magical. You're love for her is beautiful and I appreciate all you do for her and I hope that the two of you will always have this bond.

Your love for your sister Laynie is beautiful. You always want to include her in everything we do. I know you understand that she is gone, but you're helping your dad and I realize that we are doing a beautiful thing in raising you boys to never forget her.

Lincoln you have a variety of interests but most of all you just want to help. You LOVE to help in the kitchen with preparing meals, and most especially helping me bake. You also always love to jump in and help your dad with whatever he is making in the kitchen or on the grill. You are much like your mother when it comes to helping papa and have quickly become his little shadow when it comes to home improvements.

You have done a great job in learning your letters and writing your name. You are always eager to learn and to try new things.

You have grown quite a bit this year too.

  • you grew 2 inches and are 44.5 inches or in the 75th percentile
  • you gained 5 lbs and are 45lbs with is also around the 78th percentile. 
you truly are a blessing to your dad and I and we love you so much! Happy 5th Birthday. Thank you for being our beautiful Baby boy, always. 














No comments:

Post a Comment