Background

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

4 Months Old

I know I say this every month with each boy, but seriously how is it possible that my baby boy is 4 months old? I swear it goes by so much faster the second time. I'm trying to savor each and every day but its not working, time is flying!

My lovable little boy is just a huge blessing! He seriously brings so much joy to my life every day. I live for his wide open mouthed smile that melts my heart the minute he looks at me. I love how happy he is and how much he so obviously loves me. I often think how blessed I am to have a small child show me how much he loves me with just a look.

I remember thinking when I was pregnant with Landon how it would be possible to love another child the way that I love Lincoln. I thought how can all these mom's love their second child like they love their first, there is just no way. Well there most definitely is a way, somehow once that child is born God opens up your heart to a whole new realm of possibilities and love. In fact I remember thinking when Lincoln was 4 months, that I didn't need to have any more kids because he so fully opened and filled my heart, but I'm so glad that we did because Landon has make my life so much better than I ever thought possible.

This month has been busy and cold and to be honest really boring and annoying. This weather has been the worst we have had since before I was born. The negative degree temperatures have made us hermits. I didn't want to take Landon out in the -40 degree weather so we've spent a lot of time in our living room with our space heater going. Talk about BORING, but none the less our little chunky monkey has started thriving and growing like a weed!!

here are his milestones this month:

  • He is a SMILEY baby, he is always flashing his big gummy open mouthed smile. SO cute
    • he just looks at me and smiles - melt.my.heart
    • he laughs all the time! Lincoln is actually very good at getting him to laugh
      • Lincoln loves him and plays with him all the time, giving him kisses and hugs, Landon just eats it up. 
  • He hates tummy time for more than 5 minutes, but when we use the small boppy pillow he will lift his head off and to 90 degree angle. His biggest issue is he won't use his hands! He likes to superman it all the time.
  • He LOVES his bumbo! He will sit in it for at least 30 minutes or more, it's a great way for me to be able to color with Lincoln and have him close by
  • His favorite thing is his jumperoo! My goodness that kid will jump, jump, jump for 45-60 minutes before getting upset! Talk about a lifesaver in letting me get some things done around the house. 
    • he loves to play with all the different toys and things on it. He bats at the different rattles and things 
  • We are in the process of getting him to sleep in his crib. 
    • he will sleep 10+ hours in his rock n play next to me
    • in his crib he will sleep 2 hrs and then scream and I'm not a fan of crying it out so I go at least give him his pacifier. --we will keep trying
  • He is eating every 3-4 hours during the day, and longer if my mom is watching him to allow me to get some more sleep during the day.
  • He goes to bed around 10 and will get up between 8-10 the next morning
  • He naps around 10:30 for an hr and then again around 2 for about 2-4 hours. 
  • He has found his hands and feet and loves them. He will constantly play with his feet when on his back and is always putting his hands in his mouth.
  • If I hand him a rattle he will hold on to it and bring it to his mouth. 
  • He loves to stand and loves you to hold him up so he can stand and it really requires little effort on my part
  • He will sit with a little help; but we are working on sitting on our own. 
  • He's strong enough that I can hold him on my hip with no problems, he holds himself up really well and I may just have to help him balance occasionally. 
  • He laughs, giggles and squeals all the time; best part of my day
  • He has rolled over once, thought neither Adam nor I witnessed it; though he hasn't done it again. 
  • The one thing that will make this kid mad is getting him dressed: he hates getting clothes pulled over his head
    • to that he also sometimes gets mad because he is so sweaty and just wants to be naked (well with just a diaper on)
  • I had to go up a snap on his diapers
  • He is officially in 6 month clothes and I hate to admit it but even some of those are getting a little small....
  • He is slowly disliking his pacifier. He rarely takes it anymore, and I can't say I'm upset about that, I just hope he doesn't move to his fingers! 
  • He is still swaddled at night but I try to put him down for his naps without it, but it's a slow process.  

He is growing so fast and it makes me sad to think he's no longer a baby, but such is the life of a parent. When we went to his appointment last week here are his stats

  • He's 26.25 inches (same as big brother Lincoln at this age)
  • He's in the 90% for height
  • He's 16 lbs 1 oz. (almost a lb bigger than Lincoln!!!)
  • He's in the 75% for weight
Overall he is a growing little boy, and brings more joy to Adam, my and Lincoln's life than I ever thought possible. I think my favorite part of having two kids is to see how much they love each other. Lincoln is just obsessed with Landon and Landon is in awe of his big brother. Its such a raw and natural love that I hope they continue for years to come. We are so blessed to have two healthy baby boys and I thank God daily for them and I hope I never take their health and wellbeing for granted.

Here are some pics from his photo shoot: don't mind the fact that nightshift got to me and I wrote Sunday February 8th instead of Saturday...most of the time I don't know what day it is...my bad

















Love this little guy so much! Life is so much better than I ever thought possible with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment