Background

Monday, November 18, 2013

TWO!!!

I Know I'm a little late on this one, but I wanted to wait until after his doctor appointment to see how big he was...and being that I was in the hospital when I originally had it scheduled, they let me wait until Landon's 1 month checkup so I could bring both boys at once :)

How is it even possible that Lincoln is two? How is it possible that I've had the pleasure of being this little angel's mom for 2 whole years? I can't believe it!

Our lives have been so enriched because of him and Adam and I thank God everyday that we were chosen to be this little one's parents.

Well his birthday was quite the adventure...he got the greatest gift he will ever get...a BABY BROTHER! HAHA :) I know right now he doesn't know what that means, and I'm sure one day he will hate having to share his birthday (I really wish they had separate birthdays) but for now it was a pretty special day.

On Monday night (the night before his birthday) I was having contractions every 6 minutes or so, but then they stopped around 8pm. But to be safe we had Lincoln stay with my parents incase we had to rush to the hospital in the middle of the night. My contractions started up again about 10pm but were only every 20 min or so.

By 11am my dad convinced me to go to the doctor, I was having a mental breakdown that I hadn't seen Lincoln yet and it was his birthday...its a mom thing what can I say...So I went to my doctor and later was admitted and then 2 hrs later Landon made his appearance. You can read about it here

As a mom, it was truly breaking my heart that I was in labor and not able to spend the day with him. I know that in the grand scheme of things its minor and he will NEVER remember but in the moment it was breaking my heart. Once Landon was born, I was relieved to have him here and healthy but as soon as I was holding my new baby I was wanting Lincoln (who incidentally was still napping, we were joking that Lincoln slept through the birth of his brother..haha aren't we cool) but as soon as he woke up my dad brought him to the hospital. I remember the moment he walked in the room (I was talking to my nurse and in hindsight I feel bad because I just started to ignore her, I feel like I need to apologize to her)  and as soon as I saw him I started crying! it was quite the emotional day...My baby turned 2 and I gained a beautifully healthy baby boy (all you moms out there can atest to how emotional that was)...

Being a mom and being due with a new baby so close to Lincoln's birthday I wanted to make sure that wherever I was on his birthday he had cake. So on the Sunday before I decided to make cupcakes. I had just come off working 3 nights in a row but that evening Lincoln and I hung out in the kitchen and made his cupcakes. I let him eat the batter and everything :) My plan had been to ice them the next day, which I did amongst my contractions :)

When dad brought Lincoln to the hospital he also brought these cupcakes. So we all sung Happy Birthday to Lincoln (and Landon too) and ate them. It was so nice for me to be able to eat these cupcakes and NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT!! NO more diabetes for this mama!! :)

Singing Happy Birthday...such a happy boy!
We are blessed that all of our friends that came to meet
Landon ALSO brought Lincoln Birthday gifts...best friends EVER
Over all the day was perfect.

We had a birthday party for him with only our closest family. I had planned it this way a few weeks before Landon's arrival because I just wasn't sure how I'd feel or how we would be adjusting to a family for 6 (remember we have 2 dogs:)) This too was a great day and I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family who love and support us through everything. (Adam's mom even drove up from Vincennes with her parents just to spend a few hours with us...thats almost 7 hrs of driving in just one day!) I love that Lincoln was able to feel so special and loved on his birthday even if our focus had to shift to the new baby.
The Cards were in the world Series so we had to "represent"
(even if daddy is a Reds fan)
scared of the candle
opening gifts with Daddy
Such a blessed little boy

So at two years old here are a few things about him

  • He is a VERY happy kid, he laughs and smiles all the time!
  • He is quite affectionate. He will come up to me and just say "hug" and put his arms out reaching for me. (best kid EVER)
  • He loves books. Being as I am was not very good at reading him bedtime stories this is a relief!
    • He is getting better at identifying objects in books, his favorites are apple, bear, doggie, and baby
  • He loves to talk on the fake phone, put a real phone up to him and he's silent, but almost all things go to his ear and he pretends to "talk" on it
    • at about 18 months with Adam out of town all the time, he would call my phone daddy...so sad! Happy to have Adam home all the time now!
  • He sleeps about 12 hrs a night. Usually going to bed around 10/11 and sleeping until 9/10 the next day. 
  • He still takes a nap. I try to lay him down around 2. and he will sleep for about 2-3 hours...while still pregnant and working this was a dream for me:)
  • He LOVES his baths. We still shower with him on occasion which he loves too. He just loves the water period. 
  • He LOVED the pool this summer and started to gain a little more confidence when it came to jumping in off the side, but he was still a bit timid with it. He loved the baby pool and when in the big pool he REFUSED to use the water ring and just wanted me to hold him all the time. He does however HATE to be on his back in the water (pool or tub)
  • He LOVES peanut butter, strawberries, bananas, yogurt, ice cream, chicken and really anything sweet
  • Suckers are his favorite candy ever. He loved going to the doctor with me because they have the dum dum suckers and I would always let him have several just to keep him occupied while I was with the doctor, she even made a comment of how good he was by throwing the wrappers and sticks in the trash :)
  • Disney Pixar movies are his favorite things. He started out loving Finding Nemo, but we have moved on to Toy Story and Cars... Adam and I have seen Finding Nemo at least 200 times!
  • Mickey Mouse Club House, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates are his favorite tv shows which I try to keep to a minimum, usually when I'm exhausted from work and just want a little bit of extra "sleep" time on the couch. 
  • He loves trucks and all things boy. 
  • He is climber through and through. He climbs on EVERYTHING! and I mean Everything, nothing is safe!
  • He is a cute little runner, not very fast but cute none the less
  • He also is a jumper, He loves to jump around, fall down and just be silly. He will put a pillow on the ground and just fall onto it. 
  • He loves when things are thrown at him, we will jokingly throw pillows, and clothes at him and he thinks its hilarious...aren't we great parents :)
  • Lights are a must. Every light in my house must be on at all times!
  • He has been in Speech Therapy for about a month and has gone from only 10 or so words to over 50 and using 2 word combos!! YAY
  • He loves the dogs, he loves to torment them and play with them, by laying on them and really just torturing them
  • Everything needs to be thrown at some point, down the slide, off the counter...you get the idea
  • He is more of a tornado than a toddler, but a cute one at that. 
  • He's quite mischievous at times, just testing my patience, he loves to do things I ask him not to and then looking at me with this HUGE grin on his face. 
  • He is starting to show interest in the "potty" but nothing regular
  • He is wearing a size 8 shoe (I did buy 9s because I didn't want to have to buy new ones in just a few months, kids shoes are expensive when they go through them so quickly
  • He wears a size 3T pants and primarily a 3T/4T shirt. He's a big boy!!

From his doctor appointment last Thursday here are his stats
  • He is 36 inches
  • 90% for height
  • He is 32 lbs
  • 75% for weight
Over all he is a healthy happy 2 year old and just perfect in every way. I grow more and more in love with him on a daily basis and my life would be lost without him. I can't believe he is two!!!

I love you so much my beautiful baby boy, more than you'll ever know! thank you for bringing such a light to my life and being such a wonderful little boy!!!

Here are a few pictures from his 2 year Photos...I LOVE OUR PHOTOGRAPHER! she does AMAZING work with capturing his little personality!


LOVE HIM

BIG BOY


of course eating cake



My 3 BOYS!!!

 It's been quite a second year my boy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Mommy and Daddy LOVE you more than you will ever possibly know! (well until you have kids of your own someday)




No comments:

Post a Comment