Background

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Lynlie is 11 months



As I'm sitting here writing this, I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that my baby is almost 1. I don't know what it is about 11 months that changes things, but I feel like she's not a baby anymore. I mean to be honest I felt that way last month too, but it just seems so much more real now. She is growing up so much quicker than I like.

Each month we get a little closer look at this little loves growing personality and let me tell you she is as sweet as pie. She is feisty and fierce and has no problem letting her voice be heard. She knows what she wants and I have no fears of her getting lost in the shuffle. I know I say this a lot but seriously this girl could not be a more perfect fit to our family and we thank God everyday for entrusting us with her.

Here are a few milestones from this month.

  • She has mastered going from laying down to sitting. and will rarely lay on the ground anymore, which has made our weekly photos a bit of a challenge and I've had to embark some help with them. 
  • she is FINALLY crawling!!!
    • I know this skill was delayed because I hold her so much, but I'm a little sad yet relieved she is finally doing it. 
  • She still loves to be held. and to be honest is most of the time perfectly content being held by me, but is starting to have a growing interest in toys and being on the floor with her sibs. 
  • She got moved to a big girl carseat and well, she hates it. 
    • we were borrowing a carseat from a friend who is was due first of August so we had to give the car seat back. 
  • She has been all over the midwest this month visiting Chicago, Cincinnati and Valparaiso. She hasn't been the best of sleepers when we stayed over night but she rides in the car pretty well
  • When we've been at home she seems to be doing a little better these past few weeks with sleeping. She will wake only once or twice to feed during the night..
    • Typically she sleeps from 8ish pm to about 8-9 am. She will wake anywhere from 11-1 and then again around 5-6 am for a feeding lately. But has been as bad as waking up around 3 am too
    • She has been typically taking 1 nap a day for about 2-3 hours. But depends on what time she gets up. If shes up early then she usually needs a quick 30 ish minute nap by 10-11 am. 
  • She is still primarily breastfed but is continuing to grow in her liking of food. 
    • her favorites include green beans, bananas, potatoes and any cracker she can get her hands on, especially those veggie straws. 
  • She went to her first movie today (the day she turned 11 months). I took the kids to see Boss Baby for the $1 summer movie and she really did pretty good. She fed for part of it and was happy eating popcorn until the very end. Overall I was surprised by how well she did. 
  • She continues to be a happy go lucky, smiley babe, smiling all the time and flashing those growing teeth!
  • She does a pretty good job of following commands. Such as when I tell her no, or I ask her to give me whats in her mouth, she will take it out of her mouth and hand it to me. 
  • Girlfriend is a babbler! CONSTANTLY talking and yelling and letting her voice be heard!
  • She has 6 teeth! 4 up top (her front ones finally came in) and 2 on bottom. 
  • She is still in 9-12 month clothing. 
Here our our weekly pics. 










Here are our monthly pics. I tried to take pics before naptime...really what was I thinking and they are at the bottom (you know the ones where she is screaming in the pics). She did much better after her nap! We then headed to the state fair and she loved getting to eat all the fun things like corn and hot dogs and junk!



















this is one of my favorite pictures. So Classic Lynlie







Oh my Lynlie whatever did I do in this life to deserve you. You are beautiful and we could not love you more. You're simply perfect. You can stop growing up anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment